The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Tishomingo , MISSISSIPPI

Camping Mississippi Tishomingo Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Tishomingo Camping Reviews
Nice quit camping

Good place to get away for a weekend

The Diamond of Mississippi State Parks

We've camped  to Tishomingo State at least 3 times in the last 6 months. It's the first site we visited after purchasing our Wildwood Travel Trailer. Sites are level and most are easy to back the trailer into. No full hookups but all the sites have electricity and water. Plenty of trees and amazing views from all the site. Cellphone coverage is not good here for Verizon or AT&T. Better at front of camp.

I can't state enough how much there is to do in Tishomingo! Plenty of trails that would satisfy an Ultramarathoner. A lake for fishing (honestly never seen anyone catch a fish 🐟) and canoeing. Tishomingo has disc golf, large pavilions, and historic sites to visit.

Overall it's always clean when we've been there but there is quite a bit of age on the campsite. Roads are pretty rough in areas as well.

Spots We Like --- 19, 31, 30, 32 (waterside), 38 (private), 44, 48

Great Area to camp with the family

Great area to camp. Right on Pickwick Lake with good views of river. The park staff is very active and have lots of activities planned year round. Good entertainment and food nearby. Clean and well kept.

Decent spot on the lake

Camped here on Christmas Day 2020. It was very quiet and a little windy. I was the only camper but it’s on a disc golf course so I saw a couple of those guys. I went down to the parking lot so I could sleep in my car and have a fire by the water. It was great and quiet except there are parking lot lights which I didn’t see until they turned on. There are picnic tables, trash cans, and portable toilets. All in all a nice spot. I had Verizon and I think I had two bars of service. There’s also a spot a little east off an unmarked dirt road which was ok and had a fire pit. I checked it out but there was just too much litter and a half eaten deer carcass which I wasn’t vibing with.

Easy to find

Super easy access from the Natchez Trace Parkway. All sites are level concrete but narrow. No room for error on either side. Grills and some picnic tables close to each site but not close to be convenient to an RV kitchen. At 20.00 a night it is well worth an overnight stay.

Nice clean park.

Friendly and accomidating people.

Awesome!

Camping for our anniversary! Drinking morning coffee by this beautiful scenery was amazing!

This is one of the best!

We reserved a waterfront spot, but our rig wouldn’t fit despite the website saying so, no biggy though. Was able to swap spots and enjoyed our stay. Very nice park, nice beaches and great for walking pets. Most amenities were closed for the season/ COVID. Great staff. We had few bars (Verizon) and no service on t-mobile. Overall great experience, can’t go wrong with any spot.

Older park

Tombigbee SP

Elvis was born in Tupelo, Mississippi and Tombigbee SP is a good spot to base your exploration out of.

I overnighted here enroute to Alabama. It wasn’t the best maintained or newest park , however it was small and quiet. Something that had me confused my first time around the loop was the orange cones blocking the sites. Then I guessed that meant the site was reserved. The shower house had washers and dryers in the middle area. The building was clean and maintained. It was centrally located. Across the street was a nice big field, playground and baseball diamond. The trails and disc golf was in the same area. There’s also a small lake with a dock. Otherwise Tombigbee SP really wasn’t that memorable.

Nice Spot

This place has been totally rebuilt by the TVA after flooding in 2019. I don't know what it was like before, but wow it's really nice. All the sites are level, plenty of room for a tent and RV on all 92 sites. Close to some great golf & BBQ, fishing,& Shiloh Battlefield.

The perimeter sites are roomier, offer more privacy than the interior ones. Bathrooms and shower houses spotless.