The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Franklin , MINNESOTA

Camping Minnesota Franklin Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Franklin Camping Reviews
This is camping?

I was up in the Oak Woods Campground. This was pretty much an open field with people crammed together. One of my neighbors sat and watched a certain cable news channel on a giant outdoor TV hooked up to their bus from 8am until 10p. I can tell you that a TV host named Tucker was very angry that night. Another "camper" had set up a giant playground, penned in areas for their multiple dogs, and had a bouncy castle set up for their daughter…that was running off of a very loud generator all day. The whole thing was lit up with string lights like it was an airport runway and gave the entire campground a carnival feel. WTF?  Unfortunately for your enjoyment, I deleted the video I took of the scene. Lucky for you, I still have a photograph of it.

I had reserved 2 nights. I left at 6am after one pathetic night and went and stayed at a Harvest Host instead.

Leave no trace (and set up no carnivals).

Friendly staff, well spaced

Located in a county park grounds, Shady Oaks is a quiet, no frills RV park. Sites have electric and water. The spaces are nicely spread out, not to crammed in together. A river runs by one side. Nothing very exiting, but a good place to spend a quiet night.

Has hot showers!

$30 a night plus tax. Cute small lake. Has hot showers!

Beautiful park with nice hiking trails

We stayed in the Upper Campground in the site closest to the equestrian campground. The kids loved being able to meet & visit with the horses.

The sites were a good size, but not much privacy or tree coverage in the area we stayed. There were a lot of trails to hike and a river/stream that they said you could wade/swim in, but we didn't go into it.

There were a lot of playgrounds, and one really huge one the kids wanted to play on, but with COVID-19 still going strong, we didn't use it.

Pretty but loud

The park and waterfall are very pretty. The bison will walk right up to your vehicle for some great photos! Our campsite was loud however. Trains and vehicles flying by all night. The campground was clean and you have space between your neighbors!

Owners are very nice

I stopped by and the owners are very nice. They have wood and ice available this year but typically have a store that sells more. They gave me a brochure and let me take a few photos. I look forward to staying here some time. Boat access is 1 mi on the Minnesota River.

Cute small campground

To get here is quite the uphill trek, would advise against during icy winter if it's even open. Currently needs to submit a health screen to camp, so we're moving on.

Great holiday campaite

Park is privately owned and operated but shares a park with the city. Big events during holidays. Sites are well spaced for campers and renters alike. Has 50 amp, 30 amp and 20 amp services as well as boondocks sites. Dump station at park with blue tote available from the office. Kids love the park and lake!

Quiet, clean and well maintained.

Nice clean campground very well maintained and free. Near Henderson, MN which is one of a kind small town well worth the visit for all. This is rustic with no hookups except very clean portapotty and hand lever water jack. Pick where to park in nice large grassy areas. A few areas are next to wild and deep ravines. Very nice large new play areas with slides for kids. Popular with a few horse trailers and riders on weekends because of COVID get to gather worries elsewhere. Friday morning before week end is best to get there in case of horse trailers to get nicer spot. Sometimes only a few campers are there. Call ahead to stay overnight so sheriff is aware. Not a lot of people know about it and is at end of long gravel road for peace and quiet. No problem for 5th wheels and tents both, pick your spot. Want to relax, chill out and visit your neighbors. This is worth the visit.

Awesome campground

New paved roads, boat landing to river and frisbee golf connected. No water hook ups at each site. Has one in central location so luckily I had just enough hose to fill up the camper. Close to state park with trails and bison so had a great weekend!