Yurts
About Lake Michigan Campground at Muskegon State Park
Lake Michigan Campground at Muskegon State Park is located in Michigan
24 Reviews of Lake Michigan Campground at Muskegon State Park
Smitten by the Mitten it

Very generous camp sites, welcoming staff, wooded sites with tall maple tree canopies…down a decked stair case onto the white Sandy beaches of lake Michigan..the adjacent beach is expensive and has the feel of your own private beach.

Relaxing

Relaxing on the beach

Quiet

Quiet close to Lake Michigan and great hiking

big site

we had a large site but other sites were very sloped and would only be good for a tent. short walk to the beach, fairly quiet.

Peaceful

Peaceful

great campground

the host was very friendly and nice.
having access to the beach makes a world of difference, whether you are swimming or staring up in the Stars this is a great Campground to relax at

Beautiful!

This campground is amazing! Great views, nice sites, it doesn't get any better than this!

Stay in the part of the campground near the channel!

I grew up in Muskegon. We spent our summers at the beach. The beach at the Muskegon State Park is beautiful white sugar sand. The part of the park closest to the channel tends to be quieter because there aren't the big RVs camped there. And it is closer to the beach, which is definite plus.

two campgrounds both different

this park as two campgrounds which I didnt know at the time.

One is along the river the other ,ore woodsy. closer to beach.

I stayed in the river one with a tent,,,big mistake, was surround by RVs with loud TVS and air conditioners going all night. Next time I stayed in the woods part,,,much nicer for tenters! Plus being a walk away from the beach. Much quieter too.

Very nice campground!

We stayed at Muskegon State Channel Park in July 2016 and I was very pleased with the stay. We stayed on site 102 in the channel park. The site was heavily wooded and right next to the bathroom. The bathroom is very outdated and the old style bathhouse. The only complaint would be the older bathhouse here. The road was paved and the site was HUGE! It poured rain the first night we were there and the tent that our older children slept in, was in a low spot, the tent was almost floating! There were tons of places to ride bikes and walk. The AWESOME because was quite far to walk, but we rode bikes or drove the vehicle to swim and watch the sunset. I really liked this park and will return. Be sure to watch the boats going through the channel!