Camping in Knollwood

351 Reviews of 37 Knollwood, Maryland Campgrounds

L
Reviewed Jul. 28, 2021

Quiet Camping

This camp ground is a small campground and very quiet. Right in the middle of Amish Country. Owners are very helpful.

• Always has beautiful sunsets!
Mary F.
Reviewed Jul. 24, 2021

Great place easy in and out

Owners were very nice place was very clean. We wish we would have had more blocks so we could have leveled our camper a bit more, but that was our first time camping in this trailer

s
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2021

Great Stay

My family and I have camped here many times. The camp hosts are very friendly and will answer any questions. There are plenty of activities all around the area for all ages. There are activities inside the campground as well. Not far from convenience stores and general stores (Walmart). There is a…

SiteA28
BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 16, 2021

Great spot for family camping

Took my nephews on their first camp out. Perfect place for introduction.

R
Reviewed Jul. 16, 2021

Great river view hike, close to DC

Had a great weekend trip here, close to DC and Delaware. Wonderful hiking trails with river views. Only caveat- got pretty muddy since it rained the day before and our site didn’t have a tent pad. Firewood and minimal supplies available at the check in.

Christy M.
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2021

Peaceful and clean, with friendly staff!

My husband and I have stayed at Elk Neck twice. It’s a great campground with lots of different loops to choose sites from. The bath houses are very clean, and the folks responsible for their upkeep are great. There are sinks for washing dishes outside the bathhouses, making cooking cleanup very…

Shannon M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2021

Really nice little spot! Excited to go back!

We had spot #10 booked from Thursday through Sunday. Unfortunately we arrived Friday evening around dinner time and lost a whole day of our long weekend due to RV issues along the way there, but ended up having a really nice weekend despite the ugly start to it. Nice secure park and really love…

L

Love this park

We stayed for a week at Cherry Hill. It’s clean, quiet (unless you back up to 95 then you can hear traffic at tonight). Easy access to the metro to visit DC. Beautiful hiking in the area.

N
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2021

Extremely clean, friendly, and relaxing

We tent camped there two years ago,  at one of their premium sights ( totally worth the extra $) I grew up camping and had never been at a campground that was this clean. I mean the bathrooms were pristine at all times. ( I actually felt bad when a moth flew in with me the one night because there…

Megan B.

Nice campground, beautiful area

The campground is pretty big and you can find any spot you are looking for. There are great trails I the area along the river and in the woods.

S

Nice family campground

Lots of activities available. We were in a secluded spot. Wifi and cable were poor on the weekend. Large campground with some good trails.

Will definitely return!

Mark K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Very nice state park campground for family camping

I stayed here for two nights with a friend, and it was serene and beautiful.  There were nice, easy hikes in or near the campsite, and the location about halfway between Philadelphia and Washington, DC, was perfect.

BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2021

Great Campground Very small sites!!!

We took out 1st trip to Tuckahoe over the 4th of July weekend. We really liked the park, but beware, the sites can be small! I watched people with 25+ footers struggle to back into the sites. We booked site 21, blind. The web site does not say site 21 is extremely small. We have a 25' camper, and…