Hope, MAINE
Most Recent Hope Camping Reviews
Nice park outside of Acadia

Nice campsites. Clean bathrooms. Wood available on site. Treehouse is fun! Nice hikes around the water. Great place to camp close to Acadia and Bar Harbor.

Acadia!!

Just the best! So much to do at Acadia! Hikes, education centers, Cadillac Mountain, Thunder hole and more! Sites are great! Close to Bar Harbor. Bathrooms are clean. Showers are off site.

Great state park with cute town attached!

We are pop-up campers. We had plenty of room for our camper. Dog friendly. Bathrooms were very clean. “Playground” is a bit of a stretch. Firewood was a bit pricey at $7 a bundle. Nice hike and mountain views! Camden is a great town by the water with restaurants and shops. Kayaking and sailboats are also available.

Close to the water

Stayed so we'd be close to the water as well as in the park. Great base camp for activities. Could get up and walk to loop road with my bike, or go a little further and sit on the boulders overlooking the sea. Hiked across Cadillac Mtn and walked south and right back to camp. Sites were very gravely for tents and not level.

#1 Campground

I’ve gone to this campground for YEARS! The owners are very down to earth people and want everyone to feel welcomed. Haven’t been able to camp here the last 2 years but we are doing a family trip and going back later this summer!

Very convenient location on the island, also this campground is one of the stops for the Island Explorer to come pick you up. Close to Acadia National Park and Downtown Bar Harbor.

Also heard they just extended their WiFi so you can post all your awesome photos during your stay to make everyone jealous they aren’t there!

Central location on Mt Desert Island

Stayed here 2 nights in June. Large CG with many, many sites. Some waterside, others back up the hill a bit. The sites themselves were big and had trees enough for multiple hammocks. They also have wooden tent platforms at each; as most of the ground is rooted and uneven. Waterside sites are expensive, so keep that in mind. Each loop has its own bathhouse with showers that cost a dollar(in quarters) for 5 minutes. Fire ring and table at each site.

Family friendly

I love this campsite. They have sites right on the water, a gift shop, pool, laundry, game room, free showers and the times that I’ve been there they’ve had weekly events like ice cream socials and an Elvis impersonator. The staff is really friendly and helpful and the campsite is very clean and well maintained! ❤️

Narrows Too

We stayed early in the season, before Memorial Day, and there were very few camp sites that were occupied. The site we chose was one of the premium ocean front lots and it was beautiful. The view was incredible. We could watch cars driving up Cadillac Mountain from our camp chairs! The manager was friendly and let us explore the unoccupied sites/cabins. WiFi worked fine. Very close to take-out seafood….steamed lobsters and fried clams!

Not bad

Our site was 88 and it was great! Very big with room for rv, truck, and a wooden tent pad. Gravel and grass. Borrowed pot from office to cook lobster. Small laundry room. Convenient location!

Wonderful campground

I love this campground for tents or small trailers/vans. Most of the tent sites have wooden platforms! The scenery is great and it’s close to the park. Showers are $1 in quarters for 5 min which is more than enough time. Hot and clean.

One of our favorites!

We are tent campers and it’s difficult to find a review on tent sites at many KOAs. We were at site 403 and had family in a camping cabin.
We loved our site. Lots of room for our very large tent! We even put up a hammock and had room to have family over for campfires and meals. Bathrooms were close by and were always clean. It was close enough to the ocean to have a lovely view but not so close that we were swarmed with mosquitoes. Camp staff was fantastic and the stores were great. Loved exploring tide pools too!

Fun campground

Brought the family here for a nice Father’s Day weekend. Good place to bring the kids. The staff here were are friendly and very helpful for any questions or camping needs you had.Everyone had fun. Bathrooms were clean and plentiful. Lots of fun activities to keep everyone in the family entertained. The themed weekends are a neat concept and enjoyable.

Not a Bad National Park Option

This is one of the 3 camping options within Acadia National Park itself and the campground has 300+ sites. Despite being so large, the sites are wooded and relatively secluded which contribute to an overall feeling of not being at a mega-campground. At my time of visit, the staff was planting even more trees to act as additional privacy screens between sites. I ultimately opted to stay here because backcountry/dispersed camping is not allowed in Acadia and Blackwoods Campground is one of the few places where you can still camp within the park. It was a nice base for day hiking and it conveniently connects the the park’s trail system and also has a bus stop for the bus lines that service the park. The staff is incredibly informative and personally greets each person who checks into the campground (the only negative about this is the process tends to cause a bit of a traffic jam at the campground entrance). Of note, when booking your spot, you may want to avoid the sites that are situated right on the trails, unless you want a constant flow of people walking along your site. Overall, my stay here was a positive experience and I do not have any complaints about the grounds, other campers, or the facilities. I ultimately rated Blackwoods as 4 stars because although well located and overall a nice spot, it lacked a certain wow factor that other 5 star front country national park campgrounds have.

Amazing campground, but bring bug spray!

This was my second time going to Seawall campground, I had such a great experience last year I wanted to go back! I love the back-country feel of the hike-in campsites (loop D). For stargazers, the short walk across the street to the beach will give you some unbelievable views of the milky way when the night is at peak darkness.

A short drive to the main part of the park & far enough away so that it's not crowded during busy weekends. Just remember to bring a ton of bug repellent, or opt to go during the months where bugs are less mild.

First camping trip of the year .

All good expect the internet, we are currently away from the camp ground so we can watch the Bruins game. This place is quite and clean and we would recommend this campground.

Beautiful campground

Beautiful campground close to all the attractions

Great place

Stayed a few times - on the water and farther up the camp ground! Great place last visit had very loud neighbors but other then that great service, clean, affordable!

Very nice Campground

I have come to this campground every year for about 20 years and have seen it change hands and change but remain a very nice campground.  It has wooded sites and sites out in the open, some by the water and some by a little tiny man made pond.  Well manicured, about 4 miles or so into Boothbay Harbor Maine.  Great shopping, hiking, being a tourist, go to Damariscotta or get a lobster down one of the peninsulas.  See Puffins if you take the boat out to see them.  There are a zillion things to do and the campground houses you so you can do all those things.  Shore Hills is in a great location.

Honeymoon Campground

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon to Acadia National Park! We stayed in a small cabin and it was perfect for our stay. Weather was a bit cold when we were there (October 2018), but there was a space heater. Had space to prepare food as well as a microwave, fire pit, and grill for use. The showers and bathroom were well maintained and close to the cabins. Walking distance to the Bass Harbor Lighthouse and other National Park hiking trails. We loved it and look forward returning for another trip!

Really cool

Stayed here in the weekend I proposed, to my now wife. Excellent hiking. Sweet tiny cabins

Wonderful place to stay, clean sites with many trees

They have bathrooms but no showers and have hiking trails right from the campgrounds

Fantastic campground

Beautiful small campground with wooded camping sites and a viewing area immediately on the ocean with islands and a lighthouse in the distance. Even though we’re in a trailer with a bathroom I made use of the cedar showers for a long hot shower- awesome! Crystal clean bathrooms. Owners and staff super friendly and helpful. The owner through maps with us to point out the “not to be missed” spots to visit. 5 minutes to Camden, Rockport and Rockland with great restaurants and charming shops. Already booked our next stay!

Pretty place near mountains

We lucked out to get a spot for one night. Comfortable place, crowded but was not really a negative. Nice tough hike out of campground and some lower trails as well. Would stay here again.

Explore Acadia from this fantastic site!

This site is simply amazing all around. I've stayed here several times, both with just a few people and with whole groups and every time it has been fantastic. The last time we stayed and it happened to rain a couple of times over our five day trip. This didn't stop us from biking the carriage trails or taking the free shuttle out to Bar Harbor and exploring there. Quick note, make use of the Acadia National Park Chimani app, it had lots of handy information, plus the shuttle schedule and it works without service. The sites are a good size and the bathrooms are really nice. There are pay showers a little down the road from the campground.

Coastal Camping

One of my favorite places to be. The ocean views are great. It’s very laid back. Not a lot of amenities but you don’t need anything. Just a tent, kayak and a camp chair. You’re good to go!

Go-To Campground for Annual Excursion

My friend's family has been going to Acadia every summer for probably 15 years, and myself and other friends would tag along and have a big ol' fun time. And every single year, we stay at the Blackwoods campground. You would think I'd have more pictures, but there's so much to do around the site that you forget to document!

The campsites themselves are usually completely booked throughout the season, so make sure you plan and book in advance. However, never have I once got the feeling of things being really busy of overrun with people. The sites are decently sized and well taken care of. Even though there are a ton of individual sites, you really feel like you're in the forest and each site is separated by dense trees, giving you the feeling of peaceful solitude. The campsites themselves are pretty standard; fire rings, picnic table, flat ground for tents. Bathhouses are always in walking range. I think quarter showers are in select ones (though you don't need it--splash around ion Hunters Brook where is crosses route 3. You can even jump from the road when it's deep enough!). What I really like about these sights are the intermingling of trees, making good bases for hammocks, slacklines, and whatever things you need to hang between trees.

One of the best parts of staying in the Blackwoods campground is the proximity to the cliffs over the ocean. From Loop A, there is a little trail that takes you to to Park Loop road. Cross it, and you're on some rocky cliffs over the ocean. Amazing views. Awesome for bouldering too, if you're into climbing. And one night every trip, my friends and I bring our sleeping bags and sleep on the rocks over the ocean. 10/10 would recommend. Just make sure you're above the high tide line! The stars are unbeatable, as well as the sunrise. We really stay at Blackwoods campground just for this being close by.

Choice of pool or pound

The roads can be very narrow if you have a long rig. Your choice of pool or pond. Great campground for kids. Restaurant and store. Entertainment on the weekends.

Great for families

Our family enjoyed their time here. 3 generations of camping off season. Easy to get and out

Beautiful campground over looking Frenchmens Bay. Blueberry fields to pick.

This large campground over looks Frenchmens bay. Large pool. Inexpensive laundry. Blueberry fields free to pick July to August. Pay showers. No reservations though. Come in early morning and wait for others to leave to grab the best sites. Or grab what ever is available and look the next morning for who leaves the better sites. Shuttle bus for free to any where, almost, on the island. The manager is a bit neurotic and that's the reason it is at 4 stars not 5. We will keep going for the campground price and place until the manager ruins it for us or they close it.