Barataria, LOUISIANA

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Barataria Camping Reviews
Cool place

Seems like a great place for summer with a splash pad and beach available. I’m sure the mosquitoes would be horrendous though. Great place to bike around. Beautiful oak trees, historical site, very helpful park rangers. I arrived late with my daughter and we thoroughly enjoyed our short overnight stay.

Better than I Expected!

Nice park! Who would have thunk it, in the middle of New Orleans. A convenient walk to the French Quarter. Very safe and secure. A nice little green park next door for the doggies. Very clean with curbside trash pick-up. A pool and a hot tub (though we weren't there at a warm enough time to use them). Great stay! Oh, our GPS took us on a round about so ask them how best to get there when you book.  I-10 is across the street and a bit loud during the daytime, but less so at night.

Unfriendly staff in office on several occasions

Campground conveniently located right off the highway. Arrived to very wet sites, free internet was very poor ( even when most campers checked out) laundry door is locked by 6 pm, office staff not friendly & not helpful. The water was soft & had a strange taste when used for ice tea & coffee.

Wonderful place

My family went and stayed here for a weekend and enjoyed ourselves very much. It was a cold weekend and was very pleased that the bathrooms were heated.

Beautiful Park even during the soggy season

We had a great pull-through site with the woods as our back yard.(I don't recall the number). Saw deer every evening and even a wild pig! The sites were a bit soggy because of all the rain. Campground could use a few more trash dumpsters. The beach was beautiful and I'll bet crowded during the summer. Take advantage of the Rails to Trails bike path. We rode to Liz' Where Y'all At Diner and then drove on for a total 20 mile bike ride. Would totally visit this park again.

Very nice state park

Quiet, clean, well kept park with pretty river side views. We stayed here for 11 nights in Feb while traveling though the area. We used it as a base camp to go into New Orleans for a weekend (50 mins). The staff is very active in keeping the park clean and maintained. Our favorite things:

1. Great views for short walks
  2. Close drive to groceries, resteraunts, and services.
  3. 3-4 complimentary washers and dryers (not common).
  4. paved pads for RV. (larger RVs like ours use the entire width but smaller rvs get some patio.)
  5. Overflow parking for our truck.
  6. Bathrooms were clean everytime I went, which is just as much about the guests as the staff. Our least favorite things: Like a lot of state parks there is not a sewer connection (they do have a dump station) but we knew that going in. We were close to the on-site facilities and stretched our tanks for the 11 days.

We would stay here again.

Very quiet and relaxing campground.

A quiet and well maintained campground. We always enjoy our stopover night here on the drive to Alabama. It is our go-to place. The Otis House tour and other artifacts are interesting and worth the time. We routinely walk the campground road and trails each trip. Once we spotted a few alligators near the boat ramp area. There is also an eagle’s nest viewable from the Swamp Trail. It is very peaceful sitting on the boardwalk bordering the Tchefuncte River. The restroom/shower are individual rooms and huge. The park manager and staff are always pleasant and helpful.

Best of the west bank

The park is really nice, excellent sites and great amenities there’s a lot of room for bike riding. Great boat launch some of the best fishing you’ll ever find and if you go out on the boat make sure you bring some marshmallows to feed the gators. The wave pool in the summer is usually overcrowded other than that it a nice park.

Cubscout trip

Camped here with the cubscouts..was a nice site lots of wildlife..did not get to experience to much of the campsites activites due to activities with the scouts but overall nice place

Bring your bug spray!

It is a long drive to the end of Grand Isle, but you are rewarded with a nice state park with clean amenities. Large flat pull-through sites (much larger than we needed but they can accommodate large RVs). Bathrooms are among the cleanest I have ever seen in any state park. Free laundry is a nice perk but do it early (I was first at 7 am and it piled up soon after). Beach access. Not nicest beach but ok. The $25 fee does not include a $6 processing fee (only applicable for the first night) or tax. The only thing I didn’t like were the vicious mosquitoes!