About Nolin River State Park
Nolin River State Park is located in Kentucky
4 Reviews of Nolin River State Park
Beautiful scenery at a great price

We camped at the water front and my only complaint is they didn’t allow swimming away from the beach, we swam anyway because Merica. All in all a great place to camp

Yaking on the Nolin

Ranger Review of Boost Oxygen at Nolin River State Park

Campground Review: Nolin River SP is one of our area favorites. Near Brownsville, Ky and a little off the beaten path. But definitely worth a visit or two.

This is not a huge State Park but it sits on Nolin River Lake and offers plenty of water sports to keep you entertained. The campgrounds were crowded when we visited.

The RV campground sits behind a gated entry and has sites that have direct lake access. Very clean and well maintained, not a lot of shade or privacy though. The primitive/basic area is crowded. The sites are walk in and placed pretty close together under cedar trees. There is a fresh water point and the beach is a short distance away. There are some sites on a small hill lakeside that give an excellent view and have picnic tables.

Obviously the main attraction is the lake, there is a lot of traffic on the lake. I kayak so at times it can be a little stressful when your wondering if that speedboat flying at you over the water sees you. I stayed close to the shoreline and did not attempt to cross the main thoroughfare. There are inlets that are less busy , you will usually see fishermen in those areas and travel is safer.

In addition to the water Kentucky Mountain Bike Assiciation(KYMBA) has built a very nice trail system in the woods. I’ve never hiked the longest loop but the two shorter ones are challenging and fun to hike. Mountain bikers would find them very technical.

On this visit we saw a new privately owned campground being built in front of the park entrance. It will be opening this season , graveled RV sites and a smal basic area for tents.

Product Review: As a Dyrt Ranger I had the opportunity to use and review Boost Oxygen https://www.boostoxygen.com/ last summer. I recently received the smaller version of Boost Oxygen to take with me adventuring. Boost comes in three sizes and the one I reviewed is the mid-size version.

I took Boost along with me on a vigorous hike in humid weather. It was more beneficial due to the humidity then the level of excercise.

Pro: smaller size fit in one of my hydration packs front pockets

Pro: easy to use

Con: filling up those land fills

Pro: it does make recovery faster

Con: for amateur athletes/ sports enthusiasts not really sure it’s cost effective

In conclusion if you are an extreme, high altitudes, low drag kinda adventurer this would be a worthwhile investment into your performance. For me, I can just as easily sit down and take a break, I’m in no hurry;)

Great Sites

Great weekend. Sites are modern, spacious and clean. Boat traffic on the lake was very heavy.

Lots to do

This is a wonderfully up kept area with RV as well as tent area. It was flooded for part of this summer (2016) so the beach was closed. There's a boat ramp, mountain bike trail and lake front camping. Excellent family vacation spot!