Horse Cave, KENTUCKY

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Horse Cave Camping Reviews
Doesn't Pay Workers!

As a courtesy, since you both have decided to ignore the court judgement, I am informing you that a 'judgement lien' has been placed against Tn40Rv Campground. This will show on your credit reports, and will have to be paid before you sell the property or apply for loans with property attached as collateral. I will redo this every 10 years as ordered by law. If you want this lien removed, you must send payment in full to my address. I know you have it since you have been to our home. But here it is again in case you wish to pay what you owe me.

The total of judgement and court costs is: $2749.36 I will not accept any other amount. If you send less, it will be returned to you. Leonard Harrison & Mike Boosalis dba: Tn40Rv Campground

this is an amazing place to go camping

its a wonder full place to go have fun with kids and family and pets and good for fishing

Fish!

The Barren River Tailwater is a hidden treasure. On the far side of the dam from the main park. Right across the road is Port Oliver and the Twisted Oliver Trail. And fishing ALL around! The campground is partially shaded the sites level and several are right on the water. Several of the sites are close together and would work well for a group. There is a playground and picnic area nearby. In the winter months it is almost empty. In the summer fisher folk and kayakers abound.

Clean, Quiet and Beautiful

The campground was clean and quiet. Our campsite backed up to the Cumberland River. There were several spots for hiking and fishing. We will definitely be back!

Excellent Campground for Family

We stayed here for three nights in Mid-October 2019.  The site we had was in the Annex portion and the parking pad was long, wide and level. Plenty of room to park a large RV and car or boat. In addition the site offered plenty of space for chairs to socialize and faces into the surrounding foliage versus the RV next door.

The site was set at an angle that made backing into a breeze and level to the paved road. The site included a picnic table, 2 posts to hang lanterns, etc and a fire ring.

While fairly full the campground was quiet and all the other other campers were very respectful of each other.

The campground is ideal for riding bicycles around as you can ride from the Annex to the main campground, the snack bar, and the trout fish hatchery without encountering a lot of vehicle traffic.  While there are some hills the grades are long and not too steep.

The hatchery is open every day but Christmas, is free,  and is very educational. You can walk though the whole operation and  see the trout in different stages of growth. In addition there is a man made trout stream that take the water from the hatchery to the Cumberland River and it is a beautiful stroll along the banks to see the different habitats that make trout stream.  Catch and release fishing is allowed.

The snack bar offers pretty good fare at a reasonable price and sells firewood and ice on the honor system when closed at night.

If you need supplies or a dinner out Jamestown is not too far and offers most of the "Generica" you would expect.

While I didn't use the bathhouses the buildings suggested newer construction and they offer washer and dryers.

Expect to see deer in abundance as well as ducks and blue heron.

Boo Fest weekend! So much fun.

The second and third weekends in October is Boo Fest. Great time for the kids (adults too)!

Beautiful view! Nice site.

Site D-11 couldn’t get much better view. The walk down to the lake is short, kind of steep and rocky but easily manageable. The site is decent sized and not far from the bath house through the woods.

Accommodating

We arrived after hours and were told we could stay in a site, and in the morning they would find us an open campsite. Although it rained we still had a great experience at the campsite, hiking and caving.

Ranger Review Red Ledge Thunderlight jacket at Axtel Campground

Campground Review: I have stayed at and reviewed this campground before, however this time I am reviewing our experience at site I158 over Labor Day Weekend while using the Red Ledge Thunderlight jacket. Site I158 has no electric or water. It is a fairly small tent site that is very close to other sites. There is only enough room for 1 tent and 1 vehicle. The fire ring is nice and has a grill attached. There is a large picnic table and a prep table with a tall hook, which we hung our trash on. The site is gravel but I was able to put in my tent stakes with minimal effort. The site is completely wooded, so if you don't like tent camping near trees, this site is not for you. The upside is there are plenty of sticks for kindling. I did however get hit with a few falling acorns, and that did not feel good at all. The quiet time at this campground is respected and followed. The beach is great for hanging out and swimming in the lake. The beach had previously been damaged by flooding but was beautiful for Labor Day Weekend.

Product Review: As a Ranger for The Dyrt www.thedyrt.com, I get products to test from time to time and today I am reviewing the Men& Women's Thunderlight Jacket from Red Ledge https://www.redledge.com/products/mens-and-womens-thunderlight-jacket?variant=7068462153788. I made a video folding the jacket into the carrying bag after I returned home from camping.

1. What I liked about this product: The jacket fits great. Using the size guidelines on Red Ledge's website, I ordered the appropriate sized jacket and it fits perfectly. I like the sealed edges that kept any water from getting to my clothes underneath. This jacket is lightweight. It is a great jacket to use anywhere, but this would be great for back country camping. Because it's lightweight and breathable, I also used it for sun protection while sitting on Rough River Lake beach. The hood hangs over a little bit keeping the sun and rain out of your eyes. The cuffs and the bottom of the jacket are adjustable, which I love. Red Ledge offers this jacket in 13 different colors, but I chose Mercury(gray). The price of the jacket is a little higher than I expected, however, I believe this jacket will hold up over time and be completely worth it. As a tent camper, I have learned to spend a little more money on better quality products than to buy cheap stuff and have to keep replacing them.

2. What I didn't like about this product: I didn't quite understand how the hood adjust worked and it took me a little bit of figuring it out. However, once I understood what I was doing, it worked great.

Overall, I would recommend this jacket. My son has the youth version of The Thunderlight and he loves it. I think Red Ledge has made a good quality product that anyone can use and appreciate.

Good place by Mammoth Cave

We stayed here for spring break to visit some caves. We had a good time. We rented a golf cart for a day just for fun. The store was big and new.