Alexander , KENTUCKY

Most Recent Alexander Camping Reviews
Horrible booking site

We stayed one night at Winton Woods because it was close to friends we were visiting. We needed to stay on a Monday night and tried all weekend (Sat and Sun before) to book a site online. Both the mobile site and the full website didn’t work. There’s a number listed to call “if you’re having trouble booking online”, but of course the office was closed all weekend and didn’t open until Monday. It states that there are no same day reservations, which gave me a lot of stress all weekend not knowing if we were going to be able to book a site. Luckily on Mon morning they let me book over the phone. The campground was mostly open and when I was asked if I wanted a back in site or a pull through, I told them a back in would be fine (I like to leave the pull through for the bigger RVs that need them). When we arrived, we found that none of the back in sites had been plowed! All of the pull through sites were plowed and there were plenty open. It would have been nice for the gentleman on the phone to tell me that when I was booking. Instead we struggled to get into and out of our site and had to walk very carefully around our RV when hooking up and disconnecting. This is a great place for people that live in the city to escape, but we probably won’t stay again. No privacy between sites. And booking was the worst I’ve had at any campground. It is a very pretty urban park though.

Great campground for a family

We spent a week here in August of 2020. The kids enjoyed seeing the buffalo and playing at the playground. Very clean park with friendly staff. We had deer come in right next to our tent the first morning.

Very Nice!

Two Rivers is a fairly new, city run campground close to I-71 and adjacent to the Ohio and Kentucky Rivers. All sites are FHU, about half of them are pull-through and all are on level pads for the rig with adjoining concrete pads with picnic tables. There is a playground for kids, a very nice bathhouse and free WiFi. We’ve stayed here on our way to and from Nashville and are doing so again this year. Can’t recommend enough!

Kentucky Horse Park Campground, KY

Kentucky Horse Park is a working horse farm and educational center. Unfortunately due to COVID-19 the tours were unavailable when we visited. Regardless, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The sites were spacious and well maintained. They all come with a picnic table, fire pit and full hook-ups. The bathrooms, showers and laundry room were clean and also well maintained. The staff was friendly and accommodating. A great location, especially if planning to visit Lexington during your stay.

Closed

I called and This Campground was closed a Few Years ago. A Shame sense it’s in a Great Location

Where everyone is a family!

It doesn’t matter where you are from, this campground is a very friendly campground. Your neighbors are just like when you are home….well if you like your neighbors. But seriously everyone at this campground is like family! Bathhouse is very clean with heat and air conditioning. Nice playground for the kids. Putt putt golf and some history along with Quinton doing his nature walks, and events fit the family and kids with scavenger hunts.Also be sure to eat at the Hidden waters lodge!

Large campground

We really enjoyed this large campground. There’s a bike way that terminates in the campground that runs by the lake and near a prairie. It’s not a loop so you’ll have to pedal back.

There are multiple playground and loops. Lots of places roam!

Great stop on our way back to Michigan

We stayed here while traveling back home from the Smoky Mountains. It is a beautiful site but unfortunately we were not able to enjoy it. Great open sites, lots of walking and hiking available, full hook ups. We will definitely be back to enjoy another time.

Very Nice Campsite

We only stayed one night but would definitely return. We got a pretty leveled site right on the river. Very helpful and friendly staff.

Beautiful, clean peaceful

Beautiful, clean, peaceful, well maintained