the dyrt
No Market
Kentucky Lakes / Prizer Point KOA is located in Kentucky
4 Reviews of Kentucky Lakes / Prizer Point KOA
Beautiful Lake

You can't beat having a lake next to you while you are camping. This is something my family and I always look for when we are camping. Water is always a great place to entertain the kids and family. The lake here is great, although it was pretty busy when we went. It was in the summer, so I understand and expected it to be busy. We saw people fishing, swimming, boating, tubing, and kayaking. I really wish there was a place nearby to rent kayaks because that looked like a blast. Next time we will definitely bring our own. The campground was good, pretty generic, but clean. Each campsite had its own table and fire pit. Although when we were there, the fire ban was on so we couldn't build a fire- which is understandable. It would have been too hot for a fire, anyways. We stopped at the first grocery store we found before heading to the campground to buy snacks and water. Thankfully we bought water because they didn't have water at the campground. We also really enjoyed some hikes nearby that had the best views. We did a few hikes in the morning that were only a few miles long, and didn't take us long to get there. Within driving distance of the campground. The bugs were out in full effect, so definitely bring spray if you plan to hike. There was some waterfalls and standing water on the hikes and the mosquitos were around this area. The weather was great while we were here, but we applied sunscreen like crazy especially when we were by the lake. The cost was fairly cheap, $12 a night.

A million activities!!

We really enjoyed this place. Its pricey but they have a million activities for the price. The campsites are all beautiful and are either close or directly on the water.

Gorgeous setting, lots of amenities

RV sites have picnic tables and fire rings. Many sites have great view of the lake. I recommend renting a golf cart. This is a very large campground. They have free kayak and paddle boats. Very attentive staff.

Favorite

This is hands down one of my favorite places to stay in Kentucky. The river is right next to the campground, and we got a tent site that was next to the river so at night I would fall asleep to the sound of the rushing water. Loved it. The bugs weren’t too bad considering we were right there, but we definitely used bug spray. The campground was great! Super clean, and big sites. My parents stayed in the camper and the kids stayed in the tent! We stayed here for 4 nights and I wish we could have stayed longer. Bathroom on site and each campsite has picnic table and fire ring. Bring lots of water because there is no water fountain/hose on site. Great hikes nearby, too.