Lyndon, KANSAS

Most Recent Lyndon Camping Reviews
Good for a quick weekend

Good shade. Well maintained and good sized spots. We’ve also rented cabins which are nice.

Pretty view

This is not a campsite I will go back to. When we drove into the park and paid the entrance fee, we were told to find a place that wasn't occupied then go get a tag from the host. We found a site and started getting our stuff out of the car and pretty soon the campground host came by and told us we had to leave. She assigned campsites when people drove in, which is not what we were told. After telling her we wouldn't leave, she left, then came back and said we could stay.

The campground itself was pretty, but a lot of people in RV's (we tent camp) who were there to fish and party, so I thought it was noisy.

A smaller, fun getaway

Lake Miola park in Paola, Ks. is a small, well kept, easy to access recreational area. All of the usual summer outdoor activities are supported, including swimming, boating, fishing, picnicking, and camping. There is a swimming beach with sand volleyball. The park is about 560 acres with a 200 acre lake. There is a dock at the campground for boat access to the campground. The campground offers several pull through sites that have full hookups. The rest are back-in with water and electricity. The sites are not very level, so bring leveling equipment! The rates are EXTREMELY affordable. First come, first served. Holidays will find the campground FULL. If you want to be there for a holiday, know that you are allowed to stay 14 consecutive days before you must take 5 day break. Fees are cheaper for city and Miami county residents.

Roomy park

Another great state park. Stayed in camp ground 1 in the off season so wasn’t too packed but it was busy. The great part is that the sites are so large, at least on the lake side, which is actually a bit away from the lake, but accessible by stairs from the camp sites. Plenty of distance between campers. The gravel pads and paved roads made it very easy to get into spot and set up. The park had all the amenities and not too far a drive from town for supplies if needed. In addition to a number of hiking trails, they had a disk golf course and an archery range. The park has a day use fee of $5 a day per vehicle which is independent from the state camping fee. But they offered me an annual pass (calendar year) of $25 for the day use.

Great Primitive Camp Area

Awesome spot for weekend camping. Lots of fire rings available. Well maintained in the main camping area, as well as on the trail.

Interesting

Odd policy of age of RV determines how long they will let you stay. They would only allow a week until they saw me and my rig. I suppose that is a legal way to discriminate. Stayed there once before; was a camp ground but also found it odd that electricity was metered was separate from overnight rate

Great little city park

This is the only park we could find. But it’s great. There are 45 RV sites here and about 8 I think have electric and water. A dump station is here too. The remaining sites are water only and are good for tent camping as well. Gravel and paved sites for water and electric. We had finished eating dinner and noticed a car sitting down the driveway so my dog and I circled around behind the car and discovered it was a police car. We spoke to the officer and he said they keep a close watch on the park because it’s safe and they want to keep it that way. Cost is $10 per night and there’s a registration drop box at the entrance.

I was unable to find this park look at Kelly park.

This park does not exist.

A weekend away

Overall it’s a very nice park, close to the lake and lots of space.  The biggest drawback is some pretty poorly maintained showers & bathrooms.  The larger shower houses were fine but the satellite vaulted toilets looked like they hadn’t been swept in a few years.  If you’re an rv camper who showers in your rig it’s a great place, if your a tent camper be ready for some ick.

Nice campground, good breakfast nearby

This is a nicely maintained state park. All the amenities you'd expect. No complaints. Truck stop a few miles away that had a really good breakfast and giant cinnamon rolls!