Standard (Tent/RV)
30 amp Hookups
50 amp Hookups
Pull-Through Sites
Max Length: 90 ft.
Mill creek campground is located in Kansas
5 Reviews of Mill creek campground
Nice trees and shade

Quite pleasant. The campground is a bit dated, but more than adequate. The sites are pretty close together. There are quite a few camp sites who look like they live here long-term. For this style of campground, we liked it. Do have some ear plugs handy for the night time if you're a light sleeper. You can hear the highway and several trains come by.

Trains at night but huge lots

We were tent camping and they out us by the river and it was wonderful. They have huge lots and very friendly service. Breakfast can be purchased and is brought to your campsite! A con was the bright lights from the center of the site; enough to keep us up but not enough to help us see at night while setting up. Another was the very, very loud train that blows its horn everytime it passes late at night (around 12am), in the middle of the night (2:30am-ish) and very early morning (maybe 5am?). I was so exhausted that I needed to sleep another few hours after checkout; luckily, I wasn't driving, so if you are, you might be tired by 11am checkout if you don't sleep early enough to account for the times you're woken up by the train a few times through the night.

Charming Campground with Railroad History

This is a charming little campground, and I do not use the word“charming” often. It is charming because it has so many quaint relics of the past, including the town itself. At the entrance to the campground, there is a building covered with old signs, hubcaps, etc. As a photographer, I couldn’t be happier to have the opportunity begin taking pictures immediately. As we drove down the road to our campsite, we came across such oddities as a bicycle halfway up a windmill, an old original train depot with an antique threshing machine next to it, and more. The campsites are flat and fairly spacious. We were lucky that the campground was not at full capacity because many of the sites are in pairs. Our pull-through site was within inches of the adjacent pull-through site. Although there was no picnic table at our site, we could have used one on the adjacent site, and we brought our own table. The site did have a fire pit, but we arrived late and didn’t have time to worry about getting wood. There are seasonal and permanent campers at the campground, and you have to reserve early during peak seasons. I talked to one person at the campground and he said that it was booked up one time when he wanted to stay. Although the site we got was gravel and pull-through, there are sites without power by the creek, in case you want to tent camp or just don’t need hookups. The bath house was clean, and the owner told me that it is sanitized every day. The shower stalls are spacious and there is hot water. There is a playground for kids and activities for older people—basketball, corn hole, etc. The only drawback is that you can hear trains passing through during the night about three or four times. It didn’t bother me since I love the sound of trains, but it does wake you up since the tracks are so close to the campground. The town is within walking distance of the campground, and it is worth walking(or driving) to it. The buildings are interesting architecturally, and the town is known for antiques. Overall, I really liked this campground. It may not have all of the amenities of the larger campgrounds, but it is quiet(except for the trains) and peaceful.

Peaceful and Relaxing

This Campground is quiet and serene. The management are very friendly and accommodating. The campground has peaceful creekside sites as well as easy to use pull through sites for the larger RV's. There are plenty of areas for kids and animals to play. If you want the office cooks meals or pizza so you dont have to find a store or restaurant. The Campground is conveniently located just off the interstate and close to several wineries and antique shops.

Improving every time we go

We like to go to this location a few times each year especially for the 2 big holidays! The new owners are improving it each time we go! Very pleased!

Year 2021 Flag