The best WALK IN camping near
Sycamore Ford , INDIANA

Most Recent Sycamore Ford Camping Reviews
Beautiful Little Camp

It use to be KOA New owners 2 year it is pet friendly But for there feet the Campsite is jacket rocks rough on the dog's paws and a little to close to the freeway But everything else was nice clean very friendly staff hot showers no breakfast

Great Family Campground

We have stayed at McCormicks multiple times. We really enjoy it! It isn’t too loud, lots of shade and plenty of things around to keep the kids happy.

My 'home' campsite.

I live about 30 minutes from Kickapoo SP and anytime I feel I need to camp I head over. Great little campground in Central Illinois. Some pretty trails overlooking, beside, and sometimes through water. The RV sites are great for either rv, van, or tent camping with a lot of level ground at most sites. There are some real diamonds of a campsite hidden here that you can basically be in the woods with clear ground for a level tent. I love this simple campground and have brought a handful of friends here who also enjoyed it.

older campground

Granted we arrived after some heavy rain (I guess), but it was tough to get around without walking thru mud.   Taking the dogs out for their business you came in with a filthy animal.    The sites were really tight and it was tough moving around the campground with a 41ft 5th wheel.    Saw other large rigs having difficulty getting into sites,

Wonderful hosts, lovely, quiet campground

Great spot for an overnight stop. Host was super friendly and helpful. We had to switch dates last minute and they were super flexible. We arrived at 2am, but they had us all situated for late checkin. The campground itself was very lovely and quiet. Couple tight spots for a long rig (we have a class A 36’ +toad) but certainly manageable. WIFI signal was strong, full hook-ups were great, and bath house was super clean, with good COVID practices in place. Highly recommend.

Friendly, family run campground

We normally stay in state parks, but for two different years we wanted to attend the Feast of the Hunter's Moon and this was our best option. We have a tent and a canoe, so we really enjoyed the campsites they have by the river.
 The folks who run the place are very nice, one night they even opened up the camp store so we could get tent stakes, which we'd forgotten. They are great at planning activities for the guests and really like to make people feel at home.
 In addition to the feast, nearby is Tippecanoe State Park and Frank Lloyd Wright's Samara house.

A Touch Crowded for My Tastes

A friend and I came here with her pop-up tent for a random weekend in 2020 when the weather was absolutely perfect for camping - in the 70s the entire trip.

We arrived and were shocked to see that our site was basically on top of our neighbor's and it was not flat at all. Luckily, we weren't tent camping or it would've been a disaster.

We did have some lake views, although we were in the middle of the road so we didn't have our own private space like other sites did. We were in the non-electric area, but did have modern restrooms.

The restrooms were kept very clean and smelled of bleach at all times (a good thing during COVID). There is also a hiking trail that goes near the lake that is very close to the campground, so good access point for hikers.

One thing to note is how close the sites are to each other, especially for those in the electric areas. It was as if it was a little city with how many people/campers/RVs/campers there were. I wasn't a fan.

Just beautiful!

One of the best state park campgrounds I've grown to love with beautiful views, hiking, and boating

Large tent sites - no cell service

Nice big campsite for our tents. Flush toilets; bathrooms could use some repairs. Fishing dock and area were clean with portable toilets. Walking trail. Safe area, well lit, and patrolled often. Pool & beach. We rented a pontoon boat which was very nice. Camp store for basic supplies. No cell service at all in camp area. Just a short driving distance to Cataract Falls - which is beautiful with a nice walking trail and covered bridge.