Bainbridge, INDIANA

Most Recent Bainbridge Camping Reviews
The best!

We really enjoyed staying at this campground. We unfortunately took the wrong route on a trail and ended up hiking almost 5 miles in the rain but it was amazing! The hike was incredibly beautiful and there were so many others on the trail with us. Campsite was very nice and everyone was very helpful!

Mountain biker paradise

The Campground is on top of the Ridgeline. When we pulled in it was raining and there was smoky mist hanging over the forests. We set up camp and since there were no bugs first week of October we slept with the screen open on the tent. There is a new pit toilet by our campsite which was very clean. We didn't bother with showers because we are stinky mountain bikers. So I can't comment on the shower house. The ranger told us that all the deer had been killed by over hunting in the park, but when we drove back to the Campground after dinner there was a whole herd of deer hanging out at the camp ground. He also showed us how to find paw paw fruit in the woods which taste like a cross between a banana and a peach. Delicious. We only camped two nights but we had a lovely time. We rode the trails which were surprisingly dry and fun. We wanted to ride the flow trail HogsHollow but we didn't know how to get back up the mountain. It's 5.5 miles down and I'm not in good enough shape to climb back up. So maybe next time we go we can call for an Uber since it turns out it is available there. There is supposed to be 200 miles of singletract trails in the area plus horse trails. There is a horse barn for trail rides and also a horse camp. There is a lodge there too but I didn't have time to see it. Also a swimming pool and nature center. The town of Nashville is right there with lots of artsy shops and restaurants in rustic buildings. There are numerous hotels and a music venue and a playhouse. Something for everyone. Unfortunately the bike shop right outside the park went out of business. Can't wait to go back.

Beautiful place

The hiking trails here are awesome! Something for every level! The campground is pretty and spacious. Very peaceful. Great for just day trips as well.

Love it here

This place is so beautiful! We stayed in the hideaway loop and it was perfect. Lots of wildlife, so pack your food up right. The hiking trails were pretty, not very rugged. Scenery was nice on the trails.

Beautiful. Fun. Family-friendly.

The park is beautiful with plenty to explore. If you love to hike, Wolf Cave and the waterfall and canyon were well worth the trip. There is also a paved, accessible trail. The nature center was fun and very kid-friendly and the programming was great. Our kids got to do a fun craft, go on a night hike and see some of the nature centers animals up close. You could tell the staff members there loved what they do and are happy to share their knowledge and love for nature with kids and adults alike. Camp ground A offered a bit privacy and wooded areas between most sites, and the grounds and bathrooms were clean and well kept. Our family will definitely be visiting again.

This campground is huge! It has a ton of spots. We got a group of spots pretty far back so it was a bit of a drive through the campground. We went on multiple walks and my 2 year old loved it! They have a few playgrounds, including one nestled back a little bit in the trees. The nature center was cool for all of the kids and even adults and the views were just beautiful! We will definitely be back. Would love to make a trip in October when the leaves have changed next year!

Great time

Tent camping & hiking

Fowler County Park

Stayed:  09/06/19

Site:  8 (Non-electric)

Price:  $12

Pros:  Clean facilities, Lakeside camping, Griffin Bike Park

Cons:  None

Very Pretty.

The place is beautiful. It is very busy on the weekends. My husband and I walked the rope bridge and climbed the ladders. There was a lot of bottle necking at the ladders, due to all of the foot traffic.  I would advise going on a weekday, if possible. I was also disappointed to learn tgat we could not bring our own kayaks. As a whole, we did have a great time and would definitely come back. On a weekday.

Our go to spot

We come to Sugar Creek because it is close and it is a nice campground. We wish there was a pool, but there is the creek. Most sites a spacious unless you are on the water side. Very tight spots there. Staff is very friendly. Campground is clean.

Secluded

My favorite forest with traditional camping, backwoods camping, and a wonderful secret pioneer cabin for rent. This is the best camping within an hour on Indianapolis and if your looking for free and solitary sites try the backwoods camping area for the low gap trail theres a parking lot there.

Good fishing.

Can fish right out your "back door". Very clean showers. Not much in the way of shade on campsites.

Love this place!

Very friendly staff. Lots of shade on campsites. Very clean showers.

Clean

Very nice camping. Lots to do.

Always clean and well maintained.

We love it here. We reserve the same primitive campsite yearly for a full week for our anniversary. We love hiking the trails and riding our bikes as well as walking the whole park. It is always clean and very well maintained.

Ranger Review: Banner & Oak Hats at Big Fish-N-Campground

Campground Review:

If you're looking for a great place for catch and release fishing, this is it! There are three huge ponds fully stocked with fish. The fishing is also open to the public where people can get day passes for 2, 4, 8 or 12 hours of fishing. It may also include access to the pool. I'm not too knowledgeable on fishing but the ponds do look a bit murky and dirty. If you were able to keep the fish, I'm not sure I would want to eat what I caught. The pool is nice and open based on request from 11am-6pm and they'll extend the hours based on the weather and amount of people there. Weekends are much busier than the week days. The grounds has 5 rows of RV sites. It seems most of them are filled with seasonal folks who spend almost every weekend here. Most are back in sites as well. The roads are pretty nicely done with white rock. I don't remember any serious potholes. There campground does not offer cable, internet or laundry. They are pet friendly, however, due to it being more about the fishing, watch where they step, I've found old fishing wire with hooks still attached on the ground. You get a code to the gate if you are staying for a while, more short term people will get a token to put in and you'll have to get a new token every time you want to come in from the store. The store is mostly filled with fishing gear, some snacks and drinks too. All in all, its an all right campground. I've stayed at nicer, I've stayed at worse.

Product Review:

As a ranger for the Dyrt, I sometimes get products to test out. This time I've been testing out hats from Banner & Oak. They have a wide array of hats available on their site including beanies for those colder months. I got one from both the men's and women's sections. First off, I wish there were just as many options for the women's as the men's. A lot of them men's ones are much cooler. Like the one I got which says "Freedom To Explore" I can't think of a better slogan for the RV lifestyle. With both hats you can tell they are made from very high quality materials. That they will last a long, long time. Even through the sweatiest of hikes. Both hats are adjustable which is nice. As a woman, I opted for the women's style since the website stated it had a different sizing structure to fit our different sized heads. I find that if I wear it properly, it will still push down on my ears a little bit. I am, however, still able to wear my sunglasses and the hat no problem and the sun stays out of my face. I do prefer the sizing on the men's hat, maybe I have a weird head shape but I know its pretty small.

Banner & Oak also sell these really awesome aluminum mugs that also say "Freedom To Explore."  The material makes them durable in the camper while we're traveling down the road and they are the perfect size for morning coffee! They're only 10 oz so it gives you the perfect amount (unless your they type that takes an IV of coffee every morning). Great stuff Banner & Oak!

Nice place close to Turkey Run State Park

I stayed at one of the primitive tent sites. It was nice and shaded. As the other reviewer pointed out, further away from the entrance will get you away from the road noise. The shower house was very clean and well kept.

I would definitely stay here again. I would just select a site toward the back.

Amazing sites on the ridge

Huge state park, with beautiful camping, hiking and mountain biking. Sites are large, in the woods and were awesome. Beware, there are rattle snakes. We saw a copperhead and a timber ridge rattle snake. One of the best camp experiences we have had.

Impressive Holiday KOA

We tented for two nights here. The lot was spacious but had a big hill, which made sitting in chairs around a camp fire interesting. The reason I was impressed was, let’s be honest, KOA holiday campgrounds tend to be loud and obnoxious. This isn’t a huge campground though, which kept those things in check.

The splash pad / water park was fun, but was not a pool. It only goes to 3 feet so if you want to swim this is not for you. The water was cold but my kiddos finally got in and had fun on the slides.

The balance between kid fun and peaceful nature is actually on point here. It was beautiful and peaceful but still a blast for kids with the water, playground, and even horses to view (not for riding). The one downfall was the wood prices. The bundles were $6.50 each and the entire bundle burned in about an hour. It can get expensive quick!

Nice Overall

Overall, a pretty nice campground if you’re just passing through. The owners are very friendly and will help you set up if you need it. The spots are close together but they have a very nice pool.

Favorite Campground

This is by far my favorite campground. It is nestled back in the woods of Brown County and is absolutely gorgeous, especially in the fall. It is very quiet. If you can, try and get a spot towards the front of the campground as the back has sites that are pretty steep.

Great Atmosphere

Overall, a very nice campground. I grew up just 30 minutes away from here and recently just visited for the first time. Nice camp sites and friendly staff. My only reason for not giving 5 stars is the bathrooms are nice, but not air conditioned.

Very Peaceful

Turkey Run has one of the most peaceful campgrounds. It is nestled in the woods, away from big cities and you truly get to enjoy nature. They always have activities for the kids and they have some of the best hiking trails.

A getaway

Sites #P1 and #P10 were very nice and cozy!

Great place to have fun and enjoy the outdoors

Great location to river and rentals on site, one of the friendliest people at the office and make sure your taken care of!

Great for families and fun!

We  had an exceptional stay at sugar creek. The staff was beyond pleasant and helpful. We stayed in an electric off creek site. It was very spacious and the campgrounds is well taken care of. The park is great, they offer disc golf, Gaga, and other fun activities. The creek was high for canoeing and tubing the first 2 days but half the family was able to go the third day. Turkey run is only a 35 min drive to beautiful hiking. We can not wait to come back and camp again! All in all we have very few complaints, this includes bathrooms would be nice closer to off creek. And slightly larger shower room for moms with kids along with a couple more hooks to hang stuff.. It’s hard to squeeze in the stall and not have kids touch or drop things. The actual bathroom stalls were clean and taken care of and these are being very picky! Can’t wait to come back.

Plenty of fun!

Raccoon State Recreation Area | Cecil M Harden Lake is located in the heart of historic covered bridge country just 50 miles West of Indianapolis. The campground is surrounded by the 2,060 acre Cecil M Harden reservoir offering boating (boat rental), fishing and a large swimming beach with concessions and amenities. The campground is extremely well maintained with many sites sheltered by tree canopy ranging from non-electric, 30 amp, to 50 amp. Fresh water is available at fill stations and a spacious dump station area make for easy disposal. Many of the sites are not level so chose wisely to suit your needs. Easy beach access from the campground via a paved walk/bike path, well stocked camp store at the entrance to the campground, well maintained bath house facilities, active interpretive Naturalist programs, and numerous hiking trail opportunities round out the amenities. This is a beautiful campground; and if you like to explore…take a drive through the area and enjoy the many historic towns, covered bridges and roller mills throughout the county.

Mighty fine campground for a city

This place is pretty awesome. It's doesn't have any of the typical summer amenities like a pool but the ones it does have are in tip top shape. Campsites also don't have fire rings but there are a bunch of communal ones around the lake. Plus free communal firewood. The laundry and bathhouse is really stellar too. Clean and open 24/7. Plenty of washers and dryers. There are easy back-ins and pull-thrus. Think some of the pull-thrus are for group camping too the way it's set up. Dog park, free cable (like 60 channels!) and internet (haven't tested strength yet)! I dig it!

Ghost town

Called when I was about 2 hours away and told them my ETA. Arrived at my estimated time 7:20 pm. No one in office, no instruction for self registration. Drove around to look at campsites & hopefully find someone. Restrooms & showers could use an upgrade. Saw some RVs & campers which appeared to stay there year around.

Fun & convenient

Close but safely off Interstate 70. Great place to rest & refresh. Clean restrooms, small laundromat. Would love to bring the grandchildren here. So many kid friendly amenities.