The best GROUP camping near
Bancroft , IDAHO

Most Recent Bancroft Camping Reviews
Great Spot

My wife and I stayed at a spot near here for two nights. It was flat and hidden. There was a nice fire pit and the creek nearby was an added bonus. It's a great spot and I would definitely return

great little campground.

quaint, clean, all the necessities within a 5 min walk.

Beautiful free spot

This place is gorgeous! We parked our 34 ft motor home right next to a river waterfall and did some fishing. A fire pit was already established. Excellent spot right outside of town with good cell service. Paddle boarding, kayaking, and fishing are primo. Lots of privacy and zero dollars

Very nice campground.

This campground is very nice, I love that it is free to camp here. There are 2 vault toilets that were both clean. There are several nice hiking trails that leave right from the campground. The creek that runs through the campground was very nice.

Great place to stay

Came for a weekend getaway. The park was very clean and beautiful with the fall colors. The camp hosts were great. The Portneuf River runs right through the campground. You are about a 5-10 minute walk from the main town including the hot pools. Those pools are super relaxing and I would recommend going first thing in the morning before it gets crowded. I was impressed with the campground itself. All the hookups worked perfectly.

Good enough

It is pretty packed in the summer. Lots of people. But rather clean. I would go back. But maybe fall or spring.

Nice stop travelling through!

Great stop when travelling through the area.  The sites are spread out nicely to give you a little extra privacy.  The price is right at $10 a night.  No issues late in the season finding a site pulling in last minute.  Nice clean pit toilets.  Nice little stream nearby.  Great stop for a nights sleep and adventure in the morning.

Directions are not valid

Tried to get here via both Google Maps & and Waze. Both sent us into the middle of a neighborhood of homes. If it had been daytime, we might have had a chance winging it.

Cheap little gem

This is an awesome campsite off the main road but still quiet. Cost us $10 for the night so not bad at all! There’s about 30 spots of various sizes on a loop road. Very easy access for any vehicle on a well maintained road. There’s picnic tables an fire pits per individual site and super clean pit toilets throughout. Beautiful Aspens changing colour and heaps of beaver dams! Lots of trees and nature around!

Fine

We pulled in here after dark and it was a little hard to find a good spot so try to get here early. Plus the road had some major ruts so it wouldn't be suitable for large vehicles. There was a lot of train traffic that did wake us every time one came through so it's also not ideal for light sleepers. However, if you can deal with all that you can't beat the price. 🙂