Water Unknown
About Montpelier Canyon Campground

Montpelier Canyon Campground provides a rustic camping opportunity next to Highway 89, along Montpelier Creek, at an elevation of 6,400 feet. Montpelier Reservoir is within five miles, offering fishing, boating and canoeing.

Recreation

Montpelier Creek offers rainbow, cutthroat and brown trout fishing. Many visitors make the short drive to Montpelier Reservoir for boating, canoeing and additional fishing opportunities. A boat ramp is located at the reservoir.

Facilities

The campground offers 15 family sites, two of which are tent-only. Vault toilets are provided, but drinking water is not available. Roads and parking spurs within the campground are gravel.

Larger RVs and trailers may have difficulty maneuvering through the campground; please check individual site descriptions for maximum vehicle length. Additionally, campsites within this facility are considered very small and rustic. Driveways are narrow and surrounded by dense vegetation.

Natural Features

The campground in situated in dense stands of willow, which help shelter the campground from traffic noise. Montpelier Creek runs alongside the campground.

Nearby Attractions

Beautiful Bear Lake straddles the Utah-Idaho border and is within a 35-minute drive of the campground. Outdoor activities abound at Bear Lake, with endless boating, water skiing, jet skiing, scuba diving, swimming, hiking, biking, horseback riding and off-road vehicle riding opportunities. Sightseeing and scenic driving are popular activities as well.

ADA Access: N

Sites
Price
$10.00
National Forest
Montpelier Canyon Campground is located in Idaho
Directions
The campground is located three miles east of Montpelier, Idaho, on U.S. Highway 89.
2 Reviews of Montpelier Canyon Campground
Nice but not much There

There's not much here in terms of amenities and shade.  The toilets are pretty old evident from the screwed on toilet seats.  The campsites don't have very much shade but they are close to the river.  There are picnic tables and metal fire rings with grills for bbqing.

OMG! Campground Nightmare!

My boyfriend reserved this campground online and little did we know what a ummm how shall I say a crap site it was! We arrived and as we pulled in our campsite was directly in front of us and almost in a triangle share site. We had NO room for our tent, canopy and car! The hugs were horrible and everything around us was way overgrown. I know there was suppose to be a creek but never saw it! We kept driving around saying Is this really it?! It was just so depressing and just a shady place. Now when I say shady do not mean like there was shade I meant as we must be getting punk’d! Thankfully there was a KOA we had passed and ended up there and we can’t thank them enough for giving us a great campsite! If I should ever want to produce a super low budget horror movie I would go here. There is not one thing we can say about this campground to even give it a higher rating! If there were negative ratings this site would be on it….Been there, done it, never again!