The best YURTS camping near
Westwood Station , GEORGIA

Most Recent Westwood Station Camping Reviews
One of my favorites

We tent camped at Amicolola in early May 2020…ir was cold one night but we built a great fire in the firepit which kept us warm.The camp sites are spacios gravel and fenced.I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the park and the amenities, the restrooms were very well kept and the park manager was gracious. They have a water fall and several trails leading dow to a well stocked pond. My grandson caughed dinner…yum. I thoroughly enjoyed our stay and plan to go back.

Wonderful view

Park is wonderful, can be overcrowded. Surrounding area can be a bit rundown

Peaceful wonderland

This campground is easy to access off the I-75. With some shopping close if the case is needed. The grounds are clean and the beach accesses to the lake are very friendly. The security is adequate, many trials for hiking and the boating entrances are several. There are new cabins being built, with other vintage ones also available. A wonderful place to spend a few days to week at.

Awesome views

We camped here for 3 nights and will definitely be back. We were in the red section because I thought it had more views and ambiance. We were in a lakeside site and the mountain and the lake was simply beautiful. The site was tight and a little scary to back in as we got there after dark. The drop off was steep at the back of the site. But we managed and was glad we picked it. We did not use the bath house so can’t review those. We were there to visit our daughter in Decatur so we didn’t spend nearly enough time at the park. But next time we will! The WiFi was okay but not great. I’m sure it fills up in the summer as it is a great place to take your bikes or simply walk.

Absolutely one of the best

The title says it all. The grounds are excellent. Plenty of spots. Water, electric, sewer, primitive sites, cabins, drive thru, back ins, lake front, golf, stone mountain itself, washer/dryers, store, etc. Wow! Will definitely be back. We parked with a 41’ motorhome by the lake for 2 nights and absolutely loved it.

Beautiful Campground

This is a beautiful campground. As others have mentioned, the roads to get to the sites are narrow and windy. We have a 21’ van and we didn’t have any issues, but I was very glad we got to our site during the daylight. I would not want to drive the roads after dark. We stayed in a primitive site (51) so we could have more privacy and better views. Site 51 does not disappoint! Keep in mind there are no hookups at this site, and anything longer than our van may have trouble backing into the site. This would be an amazing tent site! From a practical standpoint, you will need to buy a parking pass - even though I received an email telling me I could go directly to my site and check in by phone, they wouldn’t let me buy a pass on the phone so I had to head back out to the park store to buy a pass. Other than that, great park.

Has it all

RV/tent camping and cabin rentals. Campsites had wifi and pretty good tv signal. There's also a lodge/hotel on site with a restaurant, with gorgeous views overlooking the valley below. Camping sites are spaced well apart with electric, water and fire rings. The campgrounds also feature a bathhouse and laundry.

Begin your Appalachian Trail journey here with 604 steps to the top of a beautiful waterfall.

Overlander finally pitched a tent

I stopped into Atlanta for a few nights and wanted a covid-safe accommodations and a spot to hike and shoot photography. Sweetwater Creek camping was sort of primitive camping in a city setting. You could definitely hear traffic going by the camp site as a thoroughfare runs through the park. The bathroom facilities and shower were among the cleanest I’ve seen on the road and the hiking was really great. Not busy at all in the early AM. Kudos to the camp host and staff. Although I always prefer sleeping in the back of my Land Cruiser, I’d pitch a tent and definitely stay again for a couple nights in the future.

Beautiful lake and campground

Red Top Mountain State Park campground was awesome. The sites were fairly large, wooded and private. Many were positioned right on the lake. The trails in the park were great for hiking and running. We enjoyed visiting the Qualusi Winery that was nearby.

Great spot in pine trees; Accessible to the city

SITE: Pretty spot among many pine trees so feels private. You can see the water from the site and it's a great area to get around and walk outside. Our site was pretty level, we just needed a little boost on one side. Our sewer hose didn't fit in the hookup and it's higher than the ground so you had to assist your hose when dumping. Some of the asphalt getting to the site was really messed up so you have to dodge pot holes, but if you go slow it's perfectly doable- just bouncy. It froze 3 of the nights we were there so had to plan accordingly with our hoses.

AMENITIES: We were right across the way from Comfort Station#10 so to use the laundry room was really convenient. Daily trash pick up at site was very handy.$2 for both washing and drying. The dryers didn't work that well for us- had to run the cycle twice on towels. It's a very quiet and peaceful location.

WIFI/ CELL SERVICE: Wifi would occasionally load emails, but was not reliable and very slow to load basic searches, if at all. AT&T was 2 bars, but it worked fine at the site for calls and video calls.

You do have to pay a one time fee of$20 for your car entry into Stone Mountain on top of your RV park fees. Stone Mountain has great areas for walking and biking!