Wesley Oaks , GEORGIA

Most Recent Wesley Oaks Camping Reviews
Great Campground !

Located on the beach and withing walking distance to Downtown Fernandina Beach where you will find shopping, restaurants and lots more. RV campsites are a bit close to each other other that a very nice facility and worth the visit !

Awesome location

We stayed here this weekend and had a blast. The campsites are located walking distance to the water. It wasn’t at all crowded and the campsite had a decent amount of privacy. Dogs are allowed at the campsite but not on the beaches or coastlines. Fernandina Beach is a cool town with tons to do! We stayed at an RV site with power and water. Bathrooms were clean and well maintained. We are already planning our next trip here (without our dogs).

Great stop!

We stopped here for two nights on our trip to Florida. The host was friendly and helpful. They set us up in the perfect spot-all their spots were very nice with concrete pads and ample space.

Our first time

We enjoyed our visit to Fort Clinch. We tent camped which placed us in the west side of the park, the riverside which we preferred. That side is shadier due to the large oak trees. The bathrooms and showers were squeaky clean and the staff were very helpful. The park is stunning in its beauty. Highly recommended.

Great getaway

We had a great weekend camping at Fort Clinch! We stayed at a tent site near the beach. The bathrooms were nearby and very clean. The campsite included a fire pit, picnic table and potable water. There are no trees/shade at the campsite and lots of gnats and mosquitos if the wind isn’t blowing so be sure to bring repellent.

We toured the fort, hiked some trails, went to the beach and saw lots of deer. It was a great weekend getaway!

Very nice atmosphere. Lots of Live Oaks.

Very friendly folks and willing to help out if you need anything. We were there during Covid so I didn’t use the restrooms or laundry. Brother in law said restroom was clean at park. Nice little fishing lake with a fountain. Concrete pull through parking pads. Level. Grassy areas kept neatly. Lovely Live Oaks for shade. We did a day trip to Cumberland Island and road Ferry over. Dock only about 15 minutes away. Everyone wearing masks on ferry with limitations on how many could ride.

A little piece of paradise

One of the coolest places I’ve seen in a while. It’s so awesome to be able to walk around with wild horses, see beautiful ruins, and also have access to a beach full of shells. The ruins are of a huge mansion with gorgeous views of the salt marshes and inlets. There are beautiful canopy trails through the oak tees and palmetto palms. Lots of wildlife and just so much to see and do. Bike rentals are available. They have several different camping options and although there are bathrooms with cold showers and some potable water access, some water access you must bring your own filter. The closest camping is sea camp and it has bathrooms and showers really close. There are no stores or vending machines, but the park is active during the day with park rangers and day use guests. Only bummer is there are no dogs allowed and you have to take the ferry to reach the island. Hands down a great trip!

One of the biggest experiences.

Arrived 10 mins too late to catch the ferry to the island ( had a flat tire on my 4 hour trip there). The people in the office made arrangements for me to catch the ferry at 3:15 ( which they rarely ever take passengers then). Very pleasant boat ride there. Had to hike about .75 mile to my site with a wagon that had prob 50lbs of gear. Through sand. It was the hardest hike I've ever done ( it was 94 outside). Forgot my water and was grateful that a guy on the ferry gave me a bottle of water on my way there. It was the most amazing campsite I've ever seen. Huge, shaded, outstanding are only a few words to describe it. Set up tent and went straight to the ocean. I almost cried when the boardwalk through the woods opened up to mountains of dunes and sky. Felt like I was in another world or someone's dream when I stood on the empty beach and watched the sunset. Only advice I would give is watch out for racoons. I saw a lot. Several were scratching at my tent once night came. They left once I played some music. Kind of creepy but normal. I will return again. This time with more time and more water!

Fort

Nice size campsites with fire pit and table. The bathrooms / showers and very nice and big. The park is very big but has very little campsites to stay at. The fort is right on the beach but if you want to go inside it does cost money. Dogs are welcome at the campsites but not on the beach.

Secluded little island

You can only get here by boat and backpack to your site. No electricity, cell service is spotty, and when we went in the summertime I was attacked by mosquitos! But it was a wonderful trip. It very humid and it rained almost the entire time. There were showers but no hot water. Campfires aren’t allowed except at designated rings and it’s a little Bit of a hike to the beach. The sites are secluded and you can rent bikes to explore the island if you’d like but most of the main roads are sandy/dirt so it made biking those difficult. Take plenty of water and a water filter for your water sources. The horses were magical and I loved exploring the ruins. An island full of wildlife was just was i needed