The best GROUP camping near

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Routons Crossroads Camping Reviews
Great service

Pulled in for an overnight on a road trip. Got in around 7:00 and was offered food from a little hot kitchen on site which was a great convenience after being in the road. Escorted to site by an attendant, ensured that we had everything we needed, shortly after they left they returned with a few warm cookies as a thank you for staying. Campsite trash service and other conveniences that made for a great short experience. Will be back.

Nice hiking areas, clean sites and close to Atlanta.

Great State Park only 1.5 hours from Atlanta. We stayed in site 502 which was a good pull through spot. We noticed that most of the sites are not super private- it would be great if there were some low shrubbery in between sites (lots of very nice mature trees but not much down low to provide privacy). All areas were well taken care of and very clean (including the restrooms).  We really appreciated that each camping area Host had firewood to sell! Try and figure out where your campsite is PRIOR to going to the Park as there are two entrances and one entry is closer to campsites 1, 2, 3 and another entry is closer to campsites 4, 5, 6. The hiking trails were very nice.  We saw a good variety of birds including the very large Pileated Woodpecker. A group of white tailed deer also came very close to our campsite- one of the photos shows how nicely they blend into the woods!

Good Overnight Stop

This was a good overnight site.  Typical KOA pull through where you are close to your neighbor.  They have a small dog park which is a bonus.  Staff was friendly and helpful.

Community Effort

Unfortunately the weather wasn’t the best when we stayed here. I want to go back in the summer and hike the long trail. When we arrived there was obviously an event going on. The small town along the front of Indian Springs State Park seems to be very in tune with the park. There is an event center, excellent restaurant and small gas/grocery right by the entrance. The campground was full even though it was February, which once again speaks to the community and residents. Not the most private sites but they are roomy. I was way to close to the playground. Screaming children are annoying… I’m not referring to yelling and cavorting. These were squalling, screeching hellions with no regard to others around them. One even made a rush at my dogs as I was walking by :( Not much view but you are above some water. No trail near the campground unfortunately. I did not use the showerhouse, it was conveniently located, but was the only one so I’m sure it gets busy.

We enjoyed the nature trail but skipped the longer more difficult trail due to incoming weather. Saw some deer, not much else. Not a well marked trail but we figured it out. I saw people headed to the spring with empty containers and the falls or cascades, were very beautiful.

Hiker’s paradise

We stayed in a pull thru site #109 on the lake. It was a nice site but everyone was kinda close and there wasn’t much privacy at all. Plus side it had 30 and 50 amp hookup along with electric and sewage. The park was well kept and the park ranger was super nice as we locked ourselves out on our first night before we even set up. He came by made sure we were good and had warm clothes/water while we waited on the locksmith. As far as hiking goes there are so many trails along Pine Mountain. We did the Cascade Falls which was 2.9 one way. The trail was well marked and had some ridge hiking along with several creeks and of course the falls which were well worth it. There was a gas station with a country store that had everything you would need for last minute camping supplies etc. Definitely plan to come back when the trees are full again as everything was somewhat bare due to it being winter months.

Fantastic

I stayed in site 52 and there was only one person next to me. Sites were spread out nicely and taken care of. Gates close for cars at 10pm and reopen at 7am. Felt safe. Would go again :)

Wish it was open to the public

Only downside is that you have to be military, or be with someone who is military, to get in. There’s a range of cabin styles to choose from. My girlfriend loved the chateau. It’s not camping. It’s a vacation house in the woods. Absolutely beautiful. The grounds are nice, but there are alligators.

Really nice place to camp.

Big campsites on beautiful lake. Stayed at site 38. Great stay.

Hidden gem

Great spot! Primitive only. Bathrooms were far from camp spots but portor potties were nearby.

Very clean

We camp here once or twice a year. Clean bathrooms and showers. I do feel for the tent campers, as there is nothing flat about the “tent only” sites. You can, however rent an RV spot and use a tent. (Just not the water front sites. Not sure why, this is a fairly new rule, because we used to tent camp on the water front sites here.) As for the folks that mention the lack of trees and shade, in the defense of the park, it’s not their fault, it used to be very shady, but a tornado pretty much leveled this place back in 2008, and wiped out probably 90% of the trees. There’s even plaques by the doors on the shower houses, telling about the folks who took shelter in the bath houses, during the storm.