Camping in Dorsey

Recent RVs Reviews Near Dorsey, Georgia

385 Reviews of 42 Dorsey, Georgia Campgrounds

S
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2021

Awesome lots off the water

We had a great time summer camping with our boat, RV, friends & kids! Would definitely recommend booking early snd getting one of the lots that slopes down to the water.

Site38 I think
Marty A.
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2021

Friday the 13th campout

While most of my camping trip was spent at camp Daniel Morgan, I did stay a night at the public campground. The facilities were excellent. The bathrooms were extremely clean. The neighbors were polite and quiet. Great overall experience.

Kay M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 9, 2021

Relaxing

We were able to get a last minute spot during Labor Day. It was packed. Spacing is nice. Facilities are clean and staff is friendly.

• i couldn’t wait to get my cast iron skillet on the fire.
Kay M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 9, 2021

First Experience

I’m in love with this campground! I’m so glad a chose this as my first. Hot showers daily. Cooked outside on the campfire for breakfast and dinner. Hiking. Beautiful views. Shade…which is big for us. A quick 15 minute walk to the convenience store. No complaints.

DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2021

Great Dispersed Camping with Water Views

A nit, but you know it going in if you use Dyrt, but no full hookups. However, proper planning results in long water views, clean, mostly level sites. Site 25 is ~-2 degrees to rear from Level. Friendly staff with clean dispersed sites. Great views!!!

Angela V.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2021

Really gorgeous- intend to camp here again!

Beautiful lake views, RV sites with patios and bbqs. Fishing, boat ramp, pool, charming train theme. You can even sleep overnight in a train car cabin. Not great cell reception, and wifi seems to only work in the front portion of the park, but the back is where the great views are.

Brandi T.
Reviewed Sep. 6, 2021

Amazing Experience

The campsite was perfect and clean. The staff was super friendly and helpful. The resort was immaculate. Would definitely go again!

• Play button icon
LThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 5, 2021

Quiet, well kept campground with lots of activities

Awesome campground located about 15min off of I-20.
Fantastic golf course that I didn't get to play unfortunately.
We stayed at the "buddy site" with our 37' Mallard and my Father-in-law's Winnebago. Though the layout of the site didn't quite make sense, the kids and dogs loved having everyone…

• One buddy site on the campground (#45). Our 2021 Mallard on the right, Father-in-law's 1978 Winnebago on the left!
  • The creek runs right behind the buddy site and my daughter caught her first fish there!
Cristina G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 3, 2021

Holy smokes this site was excellent

Had a great stay at Van Pugh South in site 35. The site was located on the lake with gorgeous views. The pad itself was mostly concrete and had a slight tilt towards the waters edge but nothing too bad that couldn’t be fixed with a minor adjustment. We chose not to bother.

The camp sites are…

Beautiful campsites.

MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2021

Very relaxing

My wife and i did the walk in tent camping. We had a nice, relatively secluded spot. This area of Lake Lanier is pretty quiet. Great fit kayaking or paddle boarding.

Lauren B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 30, 2021

Great on water access

Great campsite if you get spots right on the water. Easy access to fishing and paddle boarding. Lake Lanier is pretty busy with boat traffic, so it was a little noisy at night but the views were great and we really loved it here.

• beach from site 39 on south shore
  • site 40 was awesome!
  • plenty of room at the site
Site40 on the south shore camping area
Milagros B.The Dyrt PRO User

Great campground🚙🌿

Nice campground, relatively quiet. Great guess services. Full hookup sites, spots are very bigs and the concrete roads; have picnic table. The amenities like restrooms and shower are very cleans, great pool and laundry. Place for nice walking and biking. We had such wonderful time, recommend.

Site# 79
E
Reviewed Aug. 29, 2021

Great spot but few issues

We were at spot #61 and the view and privacy was fantastic. We originally were in spot “v” but their electricity stopped working. no shade whatsoever at 61 and ANTS, ants everywhere. They managed to get in our vehicle and they swarmed our toddlers car seats. They managed to invade our camper also.…

• beach area
  • spot 61
aThe Dyrt PRO User

Come prepared for ants

Quiet campground with nice shaded spots. There’s a small beach area with life jackets that you can borrow. We were warned about the ants before going and thought we came prepared, but they still overran our campsite and the inside of our camper. The dump location was right next to our campsite, so…