About Lone Duck Campground

We have everything you need to have a great time in the Colorado Rockies. From tenting to 30' Fifth Wheels, and everything in between, Let our family treat yours!

We’re outside the city lights at the base of Pikes Peak- 7600 feet elevation – yet our proximity to all the area’s many attractions makes us an ideal location for families looking for a summer adventure or folks just passing through for a couple of days. We strive to make every stay special. You will love it here at “the Duck”!

Fee Info
RENTALS Cabins for up to 4 people $65.00 Pet fee $3 per day /per pet​ ( Weekend 2 day minimum Friday -Saturday. Saturday-Sunday) Trailer Rentals up to 4 people $75.00 Pet fee $3 per day/ per pet (Weekend 2 day minimum Friday -Saturday. Saturday-Sunday) ​CAMP SITES ​Full Hook-up ( 30 amp) $45.00 ​Electric/Water $43.00 ​Tent Site $35.00 Each additional person $3.00 ​( 3 and under are free)
Reservation Info
​All reservation are put on a credit card hold 10% discount with Lone Duck Reservation. While you are enjoying your family vacation, schedule an adventure through the Lone Duck. We partner with Rockhound Rentals which provide awesome Guided ATV Tours in to Pike National Forrest. Tell them "The Duck" sent you and the dates of your stay with us and you will receive 10% off your booking.
Private
Lone Duck Campground is located in Colorado
13 Reviews of Lone Duck Campground
Lots of charm

Lone Duck has a great deal of amenities that make it a pleasant stay. While everything is fairly tight, they use the space in a way that reduces feeling too tight. There are bushes between at least some sites, lots of family friendly activities, friendly staff, and little odds and ends extras that make this a great place to stay. We stayed in site 29A, which sits alongside a creek on one side and another site on the other. Across the small creek appears to be private property and homes. We didn't spend much time at the campground during our short stay, but we were comfortable. I was bummed I didn't make time for a few arcade games! The bathroom/showers were cleaned daily, the staff was visible and always pleasant in our interactions. While we arrived late and after the office closed (10:15pm), there was a map on the office door with our last name and our site circled. Showers and toilets were a bit cramped, but they are flush toilets and the showers do not require coins!!! The shower was luke warm, though I suspect its because I took it mid-late morning. They offer a pancake breakfast and free Wi-Fi. Overall there was a home like feeling. Its not too far out of CO Springs and close to many of the Springs local attractions, sitting at the base of Pikes Peak. We'd definitely go back if we're in the area again.

Website is deceiving

Sites are super close together. The “mountain stream” buts up against an apartment complex and the highway noise is awful. The bathrooms are not very big and they smell dirty.

Amazing

We only stayed two nights but we absolutely loved it! We rent camped right next to the little stream and saw so much wildlife! It was awesome! We will definitely be back.

Absolutely Amazing!

All of the amenities. Pool, laundry room, gift shop/Grocery. Arcade, pond, clean bathrooms. Best place every. And surrounded by mountains!

Great. We Would Go Back

Overall, our experience at this campground was great. We just happened to get site #26, which, after walking through the entire campground, we all agreed was the best spot there! It was a decent sized lot with lots of trees for shade and privacy, and we were right next to the creek.

The grounds were clean and seemed to be well maintained, and it was nice and quiet.

We took our 5 year old nephew and 1.5 year old niece. Of course, they enjoyed the playground and pool.

I liked that they had coffee in the main/office building. And, we brought and cooked our own food, but it was nice to know that pancakes and eggs were an option, if that's what we wanted to do.

I gave them 4 stars because both of my sisters had problems with the lady (owner?) in the office being snotty to them. I personally only had interactions with the guy (owner?), and he was friendly enough. They charge 'per person' and for 'extra' vehicles, so it got kinda spends…around $55/night or so (we had 3 adults and 2 children- with the 3 adults all coming from different areas and/or at different times/days).

Overall, we enjoyed our time there and all agreed that we would go back!

Lone Duck Campground - Camping + More!

We stayed at the Lone Duck campground for two nights in September 2017, with the intention of hiking Pike’s Peak. We were in the middle of a road trip from Southern California to Denver, CO, for a pole dance competition that I competed in. After the road trip out, the mental exhaustion of competing in an international competition, and the HEAT, we decided that we would hike Pike’s Peak some other time and just spend our day relaxing before heading to RMNP to camp and hike. Lone Duck Campground is the perfect place to relax!

We are tent campers, and prefer to be in more “traditional” outdoor campgrounds in parks or forests, etc, but for an urban campground, Lone Duck was great! While the layout of the Lone Duck Campground certainly accommodates for RV campers, the campground also has nice little tent sites with grassy areas to pitch a tent. Our site had grass, shade, a picnic table, and a fire ring - everything you need for a basic campsite.

The tent sites are fairly small and open to the neighboring sites, but that is to be expected in these more urban campgrounds. However, we had site T-25, and due to the surrounding shrubbery, it was more secluded than most sites. The campground is right off the highway, so there is some noise pollution from the nearby traffic. Overall the campground was peaceful and everyone seemed to respect the set quiet hours. It is $36 for two people to stay in a standard tent site WITHOUT hookups…the nightly fee increases with added equipment hookups and additional people.

The benefit to camping in an urban campground like Lone Duck is all the extras you don’t find in all traditional, basic campgrounds! Lone duck had a pool, free wifi, and CLEAN, HOT, COIN-FREE showers! After sweating in the summer sun all day, returning to camp and showering is the best feeling in the world.

The camp hosts were very friendly, and provided nice home-cooked breakfast in the morning for only $5! As much as we enjoy cooking when we camp, it was soooo nice not having to dirty up then clean our camp kitchen. The breakfast was very well worth $5!

Lone Duck also had a small pond/lake to fish in, a jungle gym, a game room and a basketball court. We did not partake in any of those amenities, but they make Lone Duck a very family friendly campground where kids can stay entertained!

Since we decided to be lazy and forego hiking Pike’s Peak, we slept in, enjoyed the Lone Duck breakfast, and researched what we could do to beat the heat. We knew we wanted to go to the Garden of the Gods later that afternoon after it cooled off and to see the sunset, but needed something to do before then to escape the heat. We ended up backtracking back up towards our previous stop in Denver, and went to the Coors Plant in Golden, CO. I’m not much of a beer drinker, let alone Coors, but my boyfriend likes beer and enjoys going on different brewery tours. The Coors tour was free and air conditioned, so why not?! The brewery tour was actually very interesting, and at the end of the tour you could choose three glasses of beer in their tap room. Cold, free beer on a hot day? Even I couldn’t say no to that!

After the tour we drove back down to Colorado Springs and went to the Garden of the Gods (which is probably only 15-20 minutes away from the Lone Duck). The park is FREE to enter, and has some spectacular red rock formations that glow like fire in the setting sun. The park is pretty accessible with wide, flat paths around the perimeter of the park and around the popular rock formations. There are smaller, more rugged trails leading up to various rock climbing areas, and hiking trails that extend out away from the park into the foothills. We climbed on rocks and hiked around for a few hours until sunset. The Garden of the Gods is a must-see - the rock formations are incredible, and you do not even have to be a hiker to be able to see and enjoy them!

We decided not to cook back at camp, and stopped at Rudy’s Country Store BBQ in Colorado Springs. We are from Southern California and had never been to a Rudy’s before, and we loved it! I have to admit that I was skeptical of a gas-station restaurant, but I’m so glad we ate at Rudy’s! It was cheap, it was tasty, and it was fun! And I’m always a fan of unlimited condiment bars, so that was a plus!

Overall, I would highly recommend Lone Duck Campground, especially if you like urban campgrounds with extra amenities. We had been debating over staying at a cheap hotel for the night, but I’m glad we stayed at Lone Duck, it was a much better experience than a hotel would have been.

CAMPSITE SPECS

Fees: $36/night

Plumbed Toilets: Yes

Drinking Water: Yes

Showers: Yes (No coins needed)

Picnic Table: Yes

Firepit: Yes

Cooking Grates: Yes

Shade: Yes

Cell Service: Yes + Wifi

Animal Bins/Food Lockers: NO

Great Campground Near Pike's Peak, Manitou Springs, and Cave of the Winds

I personally loved staying at this campground. It is in Cascade, CO right off of Highway 24. It is minutes away from Pike's Peak, Manitou Springs, Cave of the Winds, Red Rocks Open Space, and Colorado Springs. This puts it in a really convenient location while still feeling on the more secluded side. The common area has lots of cool arcade games, and the showers were always clean.

Sleepaway Camp for the Fam

This is not the campground for any sort of quiet soul searching in the woods, but if you’re looking for something that feels a bit like the summer camp from days gone by it will do well. I booked it because I thought it would be silly fun for my two kids and for that it did not disappoint. Features Outdoor pool Arcade with old school games and prices.
Laundry Showers A pond and fishing poles for rent Pancake and Sausage breakfast for $5 Tent and RV camping Playground It’s right by a very busy stretch of highway and that made sleeping difficult for tent camping. As an adult who likes more rustic camping it was hard for me to deal with campsites close together, crazy kids running around until late with high powered flashlights, and the road noise, but I booked it for my kids to have a novel camping experience, and for that, it did not disappoint.

Awesome!

The staff was super friendly and helpful! The facilities were always very clean. They had breakfast for you in the morning if you wanted for $5. We woke up one morning at our tent site with deer walking and eating down the creek right next to us.

Cool Little Spot

This was a really great surprise for us. The staff on site are super nice and very helpful with any question you have. It's a family operation which seems to be a good fit for them. Even though the campground is small it offers a lot. There is fishing, a pool, splash pad, playground, arcade, store, and multiple wifi hotspots. They even offer breakfast each morning for about 5 bucks. Only knock I have is it is right off the highway which can be loud. Some of the sites are pretty small but doable. Views can be had of the surrounding mountains and is a great location with only short drives to popular tourist locations.