Standard (Tent/RV)
About Prospector Campground

Prospector Campground is located on Dillon Reservoir in the heart of Summit County between Keystone and Frisco on Swan Mountain Road and is a great place for camping Dillon, CO. The reservoir is encircled by Swan Mountain and the dramatic Gore and Tenmile mountain ranges. In addition to boating, there is a variety of activities including camping, fishing, picnicking, bicycling, and hiking. Water contact including swimming, water skiing and SCUBA diving are prohibited

Fee Info
Pull-Through Sites
Max Length: 50 ft.
Prospector Campground is located in White River National Forest in Colorado
Directions
From I-70 take Exit 203, Frisco/Breckenridge, and travel 4 miles on Highway 9 through the town of Frisco. Turn left on Swan Mountain Road and go about 3 miles to the Swan Mountain Recreation Area, the turn-off will be on your left. A dirt road leads to the campground.From SilverthorneFrom I-70 take Exit 205, Silverthorne/Dillon. Travel 4 miles east on HWY 6 through the town of Dillon. Turn right on Swan Mountain road and drive 2 miles to Swan Mountain Recreation Area which will be on your right. A dirt road leads to the campground.
22 Reviews of Prospector Campground
Great views of lake Dillon

We found this time of year (fall) a great time to visit this campground. It’s pretty busy in the summer but not as much during fall. The sites with water views are very nice. We had site #51 and we loved it. This campground is easy to get to, is close to Dillon, Frisco, Silverthorne and Break, and it has the best views of the Dillon reservoir. There are a few ways to get down to the reservoir from the campground. Makes for a nice quick hike. There is also a short hike at the campground entrance that give you great views. The site was clean and the hosts are active.

Beautiful scenery & well maintained

This was my 1st time staying at this campground, but definitely won't be the last. The scenery is beautiful, setting is peaceful. The campground was well maintained and I thought the sites were spaced a good distance apart, compared to like KOA. I stayed in the C loop and had plenty of trees around my site.

Gorgeous views, quite neighbors

Love this site

Nice Campground, Close to town

This was very nice campground and very clean. It was pretty close to town which was nice since we had forgotten a couple of things. Firewood was available and the bathrooms were kept very clean and stocked. My only small complaint was the campsites were pretty close together, but it wasn't that big of a deal. Would definitely recommend!

Ultimate Father’s Day!!!

Lake Dillon is full of adventure!

Beautiful but lacking privacy

We stopped at this campground after failing to find sites at Wolcott and Gore Creek. We got in after dark and wouldn't see much, but we awoke to beautiful views in the morning. The facilities were clean. The only issue was that the sites were relatively close to one another and we definitely would have lacked privacy if it had been a weekend

Beautiful and clean

We had a great stay at Prospector Campground. Host was very nice, bathrooms were extremely clean, and the site is beautiful! We will be back!

Best view on this side of the mississippi

We reserved our site 6 months in advance to make sure we would have a great view of the lake and mountains. And it paid off! This is one of the best campgrounds I have been to. Close distance to the lake, where you will find all kinds of people laying on the rocks enjoying the sunset, dogs playing in the lake, and kayakers enjoying the water. I highly suggest Prospector Campground in Dillon, Co.

Great campground, close to town

Great campground by lake Dillon and very close to the town but seems like you are miles from them. Campgrounds and restrooms were very clean and they aren’t to close together. Close to hikes and lots of fishing.