About Pine Cove

Pine Cove Campground is located on Dillon Reservoir near the town of Frisco in the heart of Summit County. The reservoir is encircled by Swan Mountain and the dramatic Gore and Tenmile mountain ranges. In addition to boating, there is a variety of activities including camping, fishing, picnicking, bicycling, and hiking. Water contact including swimming, water skiing and SCUBA diving are prohibited. Camping at Dillon Reservoir ensures stunning mountain views.

National Forest
Pine Cove is located in Colorado
Directions
From I-70 take Exit 203, Frisco/Breckenridge. Travel through the town of Frisco south on Hwy. 9 to the Peninsula Recreation Area. Turn left and follow this road to the Pine Cove Campground.
8 Reviews of Pine Cove
Parking on Asphalt But Beautiful Scenery

Located just up the road from Peak One campground the Pine Cove campground is a great back up if no walk up sites are available at Peak One. The campground is situated on an asphalt parking lot however the hosts are very nice and it is located right on the lake.

Not a ton of amenities other than pit toilets and water, however it is worth staying nearby the National Forest.

0/5 Rude camp host, “camp” was a joke

Camp host is a raging a**hole. From the moment we arrived, he was lecturing us about camp rules- literally before we had even parked. He continued to berate us throughout our stay. The “campground” is actually just a large parking lot. I have no idea how it has so many stars. We did not feel welcome and I would never stay here again. If I wanted every waking moment of my life to be policed, I’d go stay at my parents’ house.

Lifesaver!

Camped here over the summer on a biking trip. Came in very late one night and luckily there was an open spot with no reservation. Awesome view of the lake from the tent and the camp host was great! Told us a bunch of cool things to do in the area and just chatted with us forever. Cheers to an awesome trip and campground!

Clean and Convenient

This Campground is just a few minutes from downtown Frisco, CO. It is very clean and has vault type toilets. Right on Lake Dillon with easy access for kayaks and paddle boards. Boats are allowed to dock here, but have to be put in at the marina. There are wide RV sites on pavement with picnic tables behind on grass. Tent sites are in the lake and some are nicely secluded. Campsites cannot be teserved in advance - only a first come, first served basis.

Pine Cove Campground on Dillon Reservoir

This camp is along the Dillon Reservoir & close to town. I camp here sometimes when I visit Keystone for work. This site is a great base camp for the hiking and town life in Summit County, but you can also take a kayak or boat out on the reservoir, setting in right next to your tent. The camp sites are right along the water and the views are exceptional, even though you’re close to all the amenities of Frisco. The sites are close together and open---no privacy. Very basic facilities. Lots of RVs here. There are no reservations but there are a lot of other campgrounds in the area if this one happens to be full.

Nice Campground

This campground is well maintenanced, is near Frisco and Breck and still has amazing mountain and lake views. The sites are close together and right next to the parking lot but if you just need a place to crash for the night and want to be close to the city, this is perfect. I would definitely stay here again.

Relaxed, quiet, sandwiched between the lake and the mountain

peaceful :) the campground manager is active in getting to know all visitors and ensuring a good rest for all. the view is incredible, literally right by the lake, overlooking gorgeous mountains

lots of spots open on Sunday, weekday, only $20. love it! nearby stores so you can pick up food or rent a bike, paddle board, or hire a tour boat.

A gem in the Rockies

Pine cove campground is a great spot to stop over while touring the Rockies. Thew views in the are are extraordinary, the access is great, and the stars in the night are phenomenal! I had a great visit here, and used it as a jump off point for many early morning hikes. A great base camp for day long adventures within the area.