Yurts
Adults 18+, Kids 7-17, Free 0-6
KoA
Buena Vista KOA is located in Colorado
7 Reviews of Buena Vista KOA
Great facility but no trees

Great facility but no trees. Clean bathrooms. It was our first night in a camper.

Morning Mountains

Great views from the tent and relatively quiet neighbors! All your KOA amenities with a great location just outside of Denver

Price Per Camp To High For Limited Tent Amenities

I am not exactly sure why this area looked so much more dusty than other photos I had seen but when pulling into this campground I was a little shocked and underwhelmed.     I am used to KOA camps having some of the best amenities in the camping world but this one seemed a bit outdated.   While they did have some nice amenities, the campsites themselves seemed to have little to no shade and were more dust and gravel than anything.

As a tent camper I have slept on some hard surfaces before and learned to pad my site accordingly for comfort, however there were a lot of large rocks in the area where tents would be located which were rather large.   With these present it is hard to imagine other tent campers having a positive experience here or having moved them for comfort.   Perhaps the best bet when staying here would be one of the unique cabins or RV options.

Tent sites were very high considering they have no hook up connections.   After tax $40 this just was a bit over the top in my opinion.     The no frills style of camping in this area has a picnic table and nothing else to justify the price point.

A positive to staying in the area was the proximity to many hiking trails and places to explore along the river.    I noticed that within a 5 minute drive I could easily be in several access points for recreation opportunities ranging from fishing to hiking.    The snowcapped mountain passes were only a short distance as was the ghost town of St Elmo.     This is a huge positive for the campsite.

One thing I really did enjoy about this site was the camp cook area which is accessible to everyone staying at the park.  In addition, there are a lot of small prairie dogs which make for a fun view throughout camp, especially near the road way.

On a negative note however, the bathrooms were outdated and in need of some TLC and the outdoor recreation space was in need of some soft space as opposed to the rocky landscape.

Outdated

My wife and I do a lot of traveling and have come to enjoy the cleanliness of KOAs when we are looking for something more comfortable during a trip.  The KOA in Buena Vista had some nice features such as some unique cabins.  The rest of the KOA was very outdated.  The bathrooms, even when cleaned, still had the appearance of being filthy and broken down.  Unless we needed a quick campsite, I don't think we will be staying here again.

Amazing views!

The views are breathtaking! A short hike right in sight! This place has yummy pizza on sight and they deliver!

Very Popular Place

Like most KOAs, you get a wide variety of people stopping through, and will inevitably pay more than most of the smaller locations in this area that have fewer amenities. Be prepared to share elbow room, but otherwise a good, safe spot for a night.

Between Buena Vista and Poncho Springs!

We found this spot at the end of the road. Beautiful views, rock formation and cows.