The best WALK IN camping near
Lemon Cove , CALIFORNIA

Most Recent Lemon Cove Camping Reviews
Pretty, Simple, and Comfortable

Visited right before Christmas and so we were treated to chilly temperatures and a relatively empty park. As a result, the experience was quiet and relaxing with a soundtrack dominated by the creek right outside our site. Location is perfect as a launch point for trips into Sequoia NP!

Everything you need

This was our first RV trip. We didn't have high expectations as we didn't know what we were getting into (other than going with friends). This place was great. It was quiet, off the beaten path, camp sites were spaced out enough that you weren't right on top of your neighbors and close enough that you can hang with them. The area was beautiful. I love the cold and it didnt disappoint for a trip in December. We are definitely going back there. Picture is spot 47

The Sweet Crack

Went south of the ten from Joshua tree found some mountains with cracks and valleys running through them found one that went really deep and camped out for two night no one bothered us we explored the area during the day and hiked back to camp by night beautiful stars at night

One of my faves

This is by far one of the best campgrounds in CA!! Beautiful and stunning scenery!!

Very nice very quiet

Manual and his wife the camp host's are very very nice people making rounds very often , spoke to them many times during the three nights we stayed super quiet at night some wild life can be seen , some slips has a water riser for the trailer or what ever needed , we will be back on a regular basis , manual even brought us the fire wood we bought i didnt even half to go pick it up , the river just a little ways from the park good fishing from what i here

Outpost Camp

We camped at Outpost camp which is about 4-5 miles in from the entrance. No one was there when we camped. Most people camp at Trail Camp. There was a nice waterfall nearby as a great water source. Permit is a must.

It's a place to stay.

Friendly staff, well kept grounds, solid amenities. Many long term guests, a few of which were a bit noisy. I stayed here in a pinch in one of the tent sites. It's a grass patch in the middle of an RV park. I didn't expect more. I might stay again in a pinch, but I'd probably just get a cheap motel room.

One of my favorites.

Snowcapped peaks up high and rushing water below. The pull off has plenty of parking but I was surprised to find people set up next to their cars, granted there was only one other camping party there. So many openings and sites next to the water, only rule is that fires and tents have to be 25ft from the water. No big deal, plenty of room. Two well kept porta potty’s and a dumpster are located in the parking lot and are not a far walk from any of the sites. Hang your trash in a tree or walk it to the dumpster before you go to bed, had to figure that the hard way. Lots of curious birds and squirrels watching you during the day. In the evening/late day that area of the river is LOADED with beavers. Watching them swim around and nibble on branches is memorizing, amazing creatures. At night time you get another variety of animals. We made friends with a couple of skunks. This area has the traditional and familiar stripped skunk and one that is newer to me, the spotted skunk. They’re so cute, more like ferrets. We named him Farley because “HE LIVES UNDER A ROCK…DOWN BY THE RIVER!”. At night, amazing view of the stars! No light pollution granted I went on a new moon. On your way in or out don’t forget to stop in the quaint town of Kernsville. If you need ANYTHING, you can get it at the Kern General Store. You could literally go there with nothing and buy any camping equipment at the General Store.

Lastly, do yourself a favor and stop in the Kern Brewery for some suds and food. I personally got the tri-tip sandwich and a flight of their finest beer. Delicious!!98

Overall, fantastic spot. Will definitely become one of my regular haunts! -Chuck

P.S. Don’t forget, always leave the area better than you found it!

tip: Park your car and before you unload, explore down the hill by the Kern River to find a great spot!

FCFS

Plenty of spots and group sites. It was really pretty but there were quite a few bugs. They went away after dark though

Secluded

I was surprised how vacant this location was. It was absolutely gorgeous and the stars were unreal! There seemed to be a lot of campsites very far from each other. We only saw one other person