Guinda , CALIFORNIA

Most Recent Guinda Camping Reviews
Fantastic Escape

We had been wanting to check out skyline wilderness Park for quite some time. Thanks to recently purchasing a much more updated tent trailer (our previous one was 27 years old and VERY limited), we decided it was high time to take our “fancy” trailer to the fancy town of Napa.

We weren’t sure what to expect at first. It seemed rather gravelly and parking lot-ish. But, looks can be deceiving. Once we pulled into our spot, we were awed by the beautiful scenery, the gnarled oak trees and the serenity.

The toilet facilities were immaculate (and smelled really good!), the trails made for some excellent walks, the children loved the native garden, the dogs enjoyed frolicking in the dog run, and we loved hearing the wild turkeys gobble at night!

We were only there for two nights so we didn’t really get to check out all that SWP offers but we will definitely keep it on our short list when we’re looking for a getaway to recharge.

IN wine country, nice sites, sweet little town, wifi, hiking

During COVID, this non profit ecology based campground supplied each campsite its own portopotty (although I believe the camp is closed down today along with the rest of Sonoma County) with volunteer donations. Camp also has wifi, camp store, excellent hikes, and a general good groove. Showers are available. I prefer this one over Bothe Napa park. Very close to all wine country has to offer and a well stocked deli/store and post office just down the road. Despite obvious fire damage in the area, the mostly remaining vineyards were ablaze with red and oranges this Fall! there is an observatory and nice hiking here. Kenwood seems to be a place where gentrification has not taken over attitude. Folks are pretty friendly.

DECEMBER 5TH CAMPING

Was cold, but we had the gear and a lil firepit to keep warm. Aweso.e spot on the creek

Lots Of Trees

Great campground. Nice location. Only complaint would be generators running most of the day from all the RV’s. Other then that it’s a great family friendly site

Clean quiet Oak Woodland

Beautiful oak woodlands, hiking trails, very clean with separate porta pottys to protect against COVID-19. Compost, recycling and garbage available.

Usually something available

Ive been to this campground twice.  Both times were fairly full, but never totally full.  You can make a reservation, but you cant pick your spot until you get there.  Better to get there on the early side.  Some sites aren't great, so you dont want to be stuck with those!  There were sites with decent shade, and I liked there was a hiking trail down to the lake.  Also a pro that it isnt too far out of the bay area.

Hikers dream

When I booked a “hike in” campsite I didn’t really give it much thought…I highly recommend that if you do get a hike in site you really like to hike!! It is quite the journey. I wasn’t prepared for it so I didn’t have a good time but it is a beautiful site and the lake is absolutely gorgeous, even with all the fires going on.

Good Stop in Sonoma County

This stop is pretty close to us, and has been a yearly trip. We really enjoy the rural feeling to the area -- no cell phone service for Verizon or T-mobile. If you are trailer or RVing, there are no hookups and no dump station on site. Generators can be run from 10 am to 8 pm. There is an observatory on site which is free to explore, when open. There are many great hiking trails, one of which goes to a seasonal waterfall. The hikes range from easy to difficult. There are campsites that run along the creek which are the preferred for us because of the opportunity to see wildlife at night and the kids love to play in the water. I am not sure what changes that have happened over the last few years, but there seems to be some full time campsites that made me and my family feel uncomfortable. I do really enjoy the campsite, but this may have been the last time we go due to these questionable site living situations. Dogs are allowed, but not on the hiking trails… They have newer restrooms with showers, but they are currently closed due to COVID. Each site has a port-a-potty that is cleaned after each camper checks out.

Snow Berryessa Wilderness - Cache Creek

Easy to reach, great in beauty backpacking trip.  Wildflowers are plentiful in the spring.

Hike into campsites right on Cache Creek.  If flow allows you can continue on after fording the creek into the Cache Creek WIlderness are where there is a resident herd of elk.

No services. Water can be obtined from the creek but needs filtering. Campsites are delineated and many have rock fire rings. I have not fished here but have seen many others coming in to do just that.  Have seen eagles in the canyon everytime I have hiked in.

Not Fancy, but Well Appointed

Basic outdoor setting near downtown Napa. Clean and well appointed bathrooms and showers. RV as well as tent camping in different sections. Recommend bicycles, if you have them, to ride into town, or on nearby backroads to view acres upon acres of vineyards. Park allows daytime use for mountain bikes, hikers and horseback riders. During current COVID times (eg 6/2020), wineries require appointments for visiting, as compared to many with “drop in” ability in the past, so plan ahead. Open 7am-7pm, with gate code given for late entrants. Recommend earlier check in (starts at 1pm).