The best BOAT IN camping near
Avocado Heights , CALIFORNIA

Most Recent Avocado Heights Camping Reviews
Love this place

My family and I enjoy coming here. We live close by and take out travel trailer there . We love it the sites are great and the staff is very helpful

Love it!!

We absolutely love it here! Great campground with an awesome staff!

A MUST!

Great, clean, campground for the family. My daughter, dog, wife and I enjoyed two nights here in November 2020 for my birthday. We didn’t have a reservation but they do a lottery at 11am each day and we got spots for two nights.

Really easy to get to. We’ll go back a few times a year.

Crowded, But Fun

I live across the street, but have been coming here to camp for years. The vibe is groups of young friends stoked on their new-found independence and families with RVs or trailers with the latest toys. The hardcore surfing nomads stealth camp in their bubble-top vans outside of the park on the streets. Walking distance to Cottons point for surfing and to hangout among the beach huts.

Didn’t see a bald eagle this time so I guess we’ll have to go back!

We really enjoyed this campsite. We did go from Sunday through Wednesday and not only was it not crowded but it was nearly empty. Apparently the weekends are quite full.

We stayed in campsite 108 (which had full hookups) and did not feel that the campsites were too close to one another. There were other campers there when we arrived but by Tuesday we had the whole area to ourselves.

Each campsite has a nice picnic table and fire pit with a grill.

We brought our bikes but there was not a whole lot of area to go bike riding. A bit too hilly for us to ride over to the boat launch area but we did drive over there to see the sights.

All of the staff here are incredibly nice and helpful. We spoke to many of them and they seem genuinely happy that people are there. The bathroom facilities were immaculate.

Rangers are eager to answer questions and I learned a bit about the bald eagles in the area from one of them.

T-Mobile cellular signal was fine. No Wi-Fi.

We will definitely go back!

Private campsite

I went to stop by checking campsite. That day office was closed, but I got flyers.

Very Private

Perfect get away close to the city clean, hook ups, hiking trails, beautiful views

Nice resort, well maintained

Very well maintained campground. The spots are groomed and clean when you come in. Great Long Beach location, a nice bike ride along the beach to Naples and the Queen Mary. Highly recommended.

Beautiful location. Great amenities.

Gorgeous little lagoon off the bay. Even the furthest sites were only a five minute walk to the water while carrying our kayaks and paddle boards. Decent bathrooms. Nice market, snack shack and bar.

Easy getaway in the city

Bonelli is a great quick escape for short trips. The lake is fairly small, but you can do some watersports. Enjoy a walk around the waterfront too. It can get crowded though.