Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Length: 25 ft.
Hot Springs/Gulpha Gorge Campground is located in Arkansas
26 Reviews of Hot Springs/Gulpha Gorge Campground
Solid

Not the most stunning campground ever, however, I loved it! It was a great set up, plenty of bathrooms (no showers tho), set in a beautiful gorge with a beautiful creek. If you’re lucky enough you can get a site right next to the creek! Only around 40 sites total - they’re all RV compatible. I’m a tent camper personally. You’re right at a trailhead that connects with a vast network of trails taking you deeper into the mountains or directly to the actual hot springs, bath houses, and the historic area. If you want to drive to those places it’s a 7 minute drive.
Only a few cons. Not every campsite has a fit ring, there’s a heavily used road right by the campground thats on a hill so there’s some unfortunate revved engine noise pretty regularly, and there’s only about 10-15 campsites by the river.
I look forward to going back soon!

Quiet By The River

Stayed here for a night in August 2020. I can’t remember what site we stayed in but each campsite is reserved on a “first come, first served” basis. You can get there and pick an available site at 11Am and must reserve it in the campground office. The camp hosts are very nice! Bathrooms are cleaned and nicely spaced but no showers. Our campsite had plenty of room for both of our tents and 2 hammocks for daytime naps:) Cell reception with Verizon wasn’t an issue. We did have a difficult time finding fire wood as no store nearby sold any. Camp hosts didn’t have any either so come prepared. There are picnic tables, a grill, and fire rings at each site. Even though we had picked a campsite closer to a bathroom, we still ended up having to walk a bit to another since they periodically closed  rest areas for the day to clean. A little annoying when you don’t want to walk but I appreciate them taking all precautions during a pandemic. There’s trails nearby that take you to downtown Hot Springs so we didn’t have to drive. I’d definitely come back here. It was very relaxing!

Beautiful, clean, great location

Beautiful, clean, great location. Camped here in Feb 2020, right on the river. Full hookups, mostly back-in but some pull throughs. Paved, level. Tent sites, too. Clean bathrooms, little camp store. Close to town. Would camp again.

favorite spot

quiet, beautiful, peaceful, big sights you will love this campground

Fantastic Campground

This is a National Park, full hook ups, creek, bathrooms only, less than 5 miles to Bathhouse Row in Hot Springs. Horse Race Track and Cosino.

Quiet

Small quiet camp. Grassy and shaded along a creek. First come system. No reservations. Old but clean facilities. Access to hiking trails from the camp area. Good location to explore the town from. Dogs welcome.

Pure bliss

We were so blessed to spend 14 days at this camp ground. They take no reservations it’s first come. My suggestion is to get there at 11:30 so if a site is available you can get it at 12:00.

We got a site right on the river it was heavenly . We have a clam was able to set it up right behind our rig. I lived in it and at night sitting there right by the river and seeing lightening bugs were so restorative to the soul.

Also it’s close enough to town if you are in shape could walk there or if you have a bike ride it into town.

Speaking of the town downtown was so quaint. I went to one of the bathhouses and it was a fun experience.

The sites are very spacious and nicely shaded.

Corona Nature Trip Day 1

With cities basically closing, and no work to go to… My best friend in life, and our dogs decided to live out the chaos in nature, away from mass society. We have a nice 27ft rv. So boondocking and dispersed can get tricky sometimes. But we make it work! We pulled into this campground by chance. Because it was the closest to us. The Hiking right here is amazing for day hiking with the family. Beautiful creek flowing directly behind our camper made for great soothing sleep with the windows open! Would definitely recommend this area for any campers looking to just enjoy it!

Not impressed

Drove through a rough part of town n roads, to get to park, a bit confusing to get there w GPS, arrived w no reservation definitely need one or arrive very very early in day.

Was full, not able to enter, turned around to find alternate park for night.

Small but Beautiful

This small but beautiful campground nestled in the Gulpha Gorge sits along a creek with crystal clear water. Fall is probably the best time to visit, the leaves would be amazing!!!

In the summertime, I imagine families cooling off in the stream.

Restrooms are ok, bring your own toilet paper.  Some sites are a bit close together for my taste.