Camping in Piedmont

95 Reviews of 8 Piedmont, Arizona Campgrounds

Kiley S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2021

Desert Tortoise > Roadrunner

I stayed at Lake Pleasant for quite a while I’m December, I even spent my Christmas here. I preferred the dry camping in Desert Tortoise over the hookups & sites in Roadrunner. Roadrunner was lovely and families with big RVs and children seemed to enjoy it, but as a solo vanlifer, Desert…

• view from desert tortoise
  • view from desert tortoise
  • view from Roadrunner
Month of VisitJanuary
Atlan J.
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2021

Summer fun but water quality?

Out in the sun with family fun. You never know what lies in the depths of this “lake” with goggles on it seems even scarier.

Sitescorpion bay
A
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2021

Donkeys

Stayed there for a weekend. It was beautiful and quiet and the donkeys kept us entertained

Don M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 26, 2021

Beautiful campground in the pines

We stayed at 2 sites, 36 and 7. Both were nice. There is a little traffic noise. It’s close to town, and there are many things to do in the area. This will be a regular one for me.

Site7 and 36
Andy K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 21, 2021

Good desert lake to camp at

I'm a fan of more trees but obviously this is the desert so that's what you get.  Good location.

Maddi G.
Reviewed May. 17, 2021

Dispersed, but neighbors are close

The site was beautiful and lots of trees. There is signal, but as of May 5th 2021 there is a no camp fire rule! This is every campsite, just thought I would share!

Tanya N.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 29, 2021

At one with nature.. until they blast their music all through the night.

My husband and I have camped here occasionally for several years and we have always loved it, for the most part. Until fairly recently when it began to get more popular and crowded. People will tend to set up camp almost on top of your site and persist to blast music throughout the night or be…

• A view from our campsite
  • We took our family hiking
  • Had a campsite date
SiteNear lake, by boat docking
William M.
Reviewed Apr. 25, 2021

Nicely wooded

Great campround near Prescott, AZ Visited here in April. Nicely wooded campground with multiple hiking options. Flat tent pads, long driveways, quiet, fairly private sites, drinking water available, and outhouses with pit toilets. Some cell signal on TMobile and a cell booster.

Antonio M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 21, 2021

Each experience better than the last!

Started off just getting to know the area, wanted to ensure I had a good footing before overwhelming myself. Each visit we explore a different recommendation from reviews or posts and it’s been amazing getting to explore.

Sitedon’t remember
LThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Mar. 19, 2021

Great Campsite

The rangers and staff here were extremely friendly and helpful. The lake is gorgeous. Watch out for wild burro along the highway. I had cell service close to the lake but at the RV site I did not get service (ATT). The closest gas station is 45 minutes away. There is a shop up the road that sells…

Chris P.
Reviewed Mar. 1, 2021

Nice and by the water

Good campground with full hook ups and bathrooms. Close to town still but far enough out makes it great.

Alex H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Feb. 14, 2021

Dispersed sites could be better

Not a ton of dispersed camping around here but the spots we found were ok. You’re a short drive or walk to the water where you can boat, fish, hike. Pretty views when you get there. The entrance to the dispersed sites we found are to the left about a half of a mile before you enter the Alamo state…

Kate W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jan. 4, 2021

Roadrunner RV campground

There are many campgrounds on Lake Pleasant - we stayed at Roadrunner which is near the Discovery Center.

We went there for an afternoon hike on the Roadrunner Trail and ended up going back the next day to stay a night during our RV Xmas trip. We lucked out and they had one site left. Then we…

Site13 Roadrunner
Month of VisitJanuary
Shiva S.
Reviewed Dec. 28, 2020

Cozy

Cozy camp site, fire pit and table at site fire wood there for me too. Out house closest to me was locked that's the only downside.