No Drinking Water

National Forest
No Drinking Water
Fr 84 Camping Area is located in Arizona
5 Reviews of Fr 84 Camping Area
Piny air and plenty of isolation

While I'd rather have been closer to the dramatic drop off of the rim, sitting a bit back on the plateau was still a nice break from the valley heat. The site was spacious and quite far from the nearest other sites. I could just barely spot a little flickering flame through the trees for the site to the south of me - an RV was there and I think I heard some young children early in the afternoon - and similarly saw a bit of distant light from the site to the north. These are nicely separated.

Sadly, not as far back from FR 84 (or the Rim Rd. itself) as would be ideal as there was some intermittent traffic noise and light during the evening but not so bad it detracted from the peace much.

There were two rock fire rings at the site but I personally thought one of them was too close to a tree to be usable. The one I did use had plenty of clearance.

Plenty of flat space for a tent and some nicely spaced trees for hammock campers.

Peaceful

Camped up here in November. Got a little cold at night but well worth the recharge I received by being up there. Actually camped on fr 208s but there is no review for it. It will take you right up to the edge of the rim for your own personal view. Picture 3 will show you how cold it got by these ice formed in the tide tracks that were not frozen the day before.

Secluded space

This is a great secluded spot. The sites are pretty large, which is nice. We visited over Memorial Day weekend and there were still spots available along this road. The holiday weekend did bring a fair amount of traffic, very large groups, and ATV usage which could be loud at times. Fire pits are mostly made from “scratch” and are a serious of rocks in a circle. No picnic tables and obviously no bathrooms. I did not have any cell reception (Verizon) at this campground either. Our dog loved having some space to run around though, and it’s easy to take a nature walk thru the surrounding area. Overall, would camp here again.

Awesome spot

This is our go to area when we’re just wanting to relax and bring the dogs. There’s plenty of trees for shade and to hang a hammock. Plenty of space between campsites. Our dogs absolutely love it here and enjoy playing fetch and going on walks through the forest. We always sleep in a tent and we definitely recommend a rain fly. Many times we’ve experienced a summer rain storm overnight or through out the day. No amenities so you must pack in and pack out.

Nice area

We usually stay on FR 9350, but it was full. We drove towards Bear Canyon and found 84. We found a couple of spots still open. It’s really pretty. lots of trees. We didn’t have any cell signal. Lots of beautiful wildlife. No vault toilets, no water, no trash, no hookups. We would definitely go back