Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Length: 21 ft.
Olympic National Park/Hoh is located in Washington
3 Reviews of Olympic National Park/Hoh
Great Park and busy

Well maintained park and trail. The Hoh river is a special place regardless of where you on it. This park is popular Tao on the weekends it is usually full during the summer but thins out on the weekdays. When I was there it was a first come first served. It was full by early afternoon on Friday so I did a day hike and drove back down the road outside the park and found a spot on the river that was public access. It was a discover pass area. I did note that several camp sites where going to be available the next day as you can see when people are going to leave the sites. I went back Sunday at 1100hrs and had my pick of riverside sites. The trail is popular so expect lots of foot traffic in the summer. I’ve been here in the fall, winter and spring and it’s close to vacant. The toilets were clean and a good water source. There are a few other trails to do not listed by the park but on AllTrails.

Close to trails

We enjoyed hiking part of the Hoh River trail from our campsite. This trail is much less busy than the other short loop sites, it’s a nice getaway from the crowds of Thai National Park site. We ended up here since we didn’t realize some smaller first come sites weren’t open yet. We never love paying the price for these larger sites, but the bathrooms were nice and campground well maintained. Access to trails right from sites is always a nice perk too.

Gorgeous

One of my absolute favorites. Relatively small and quiet campground. 4-5 sites on the hoh river. Gorgeous. I have seen elk multiple times and exploring the river is tons of fun. The information center next door has a short hike to experience the rain forest, and is the starting point for many backpacking trips.

Cyber Monday Gift Extended 6 months of FREE PRO camping features. Get Your Gift