Fires Unknown
Pets Unknown
About Mowich Lake Campground

10 primitive walk-in sites (tents only) in the NW section of the park.

National Park Service
Mowich Lake Campground is located in Mount Rainier National Park in Washington
6 Reviews of Mowich Lake Campground
Leave your hammock at home

Hammock score: 0 of 10

Good location for day hikes, bear boxes, trash cans and pit toilets all good things.

All spaces are wide open. No privacy and your view is the picnic area.

Ranger Review of AfterShokz Air at Mowich Lake Campground

Campground Review:

Mowich Lake is a decent sized campground at the base of Mt Rainier. We stayed here the night before the Rainier to Ruston run. The sites were your standard, with a picnic table, fire ring, and plenty of trees for shade and cover. There are lots of things to do in the area. We like to fish in the tributaries that are smaller for kids.  An excursion up to Crystal Mountain to see the peak and enjoy the view is a must! The littles love riding the gondola up the mountain. The lake attracts a lot of mosquitoes so be sure to bring ALOT of bug spray and garlic. Invest in a screen tent to cover the picnic table. The lake is beautiful!!! During the summer, the water is crystal clear and incredibly inviting. The entrance to the campground requires you to dive on an unpaved road with lots of potholes.

Ranger Review:

I had the opportunity to review the Aftershokz Air headphones.  These headphones are absolutely a must for any parent who runs with their littles, as you can still hear some of the louder noises around you.

Pros:

-Bone conduction tech, allows you to enjoy out of ear listening.

-Slim fit with placers

-Microphone for easy call communication

Cons:

-I have a small head, so these do not fit me as well as they fit my husband

-You cannot chew gum, as the movement causes the headphones to shift

I absolutely love these headphones and now own both the air and Titanium Mini.  As a female who enjoys running alone through both city and trails, the fact that I have the option to not have my hearing impacted eases my mind for my own safety. I will tout the benefits of these far and wide.

Lake Mowich and Friends

This place is beautiful with many different options.

Beautifully kept grounds

The campground is beautiful for car campers! It's a loop layout with trash/recycle, bathrooms and designated box type platforms for the tents. Cons: all spots are right next to each other so not a lot of privacy, camp fires are not allowed, cars have to be parked away from the campsite.

Beautiful hiking & gorgeous lake

The tent sites are right off the parking lot; I was a bigger fan of the backcountry camping. But the lake is this amazingly clear, turquoise blue. You can see the fallen dead wood sitting at the bottom of the lake. Hiking into the alpine was too beautiful for words. I loved the area, but I didn't like the parking lot proximity

Mowich Lake

This cam[site is great aside from the roads. This is a very popular place so come ealy. This campsite is first come first serve. There is tables. Sadly you cannot build a fire here so it does get really cold at night time because there are glaciers in the park.