Yurts
About First Landing State Park

First Landing State park camping site type:

EW-20ft: Electric/water site for tents, pop-ups and RVs up to 20 feet long. Each campsite has a picnic table and fire-grill. Bathhouse with hot showers. 20-amp service.

EW-30ft: Electric/water site for tents, pop-ups, RVs up to 30 feet length. Each campsite has a picnic table and fire-grill. Bathhouse with hot showers. 20, 30 and 50-amp service.

EW-50ft: Electric/Water site for RVs only 32-50 feet in length. Each campsite has a picnic table and fire-grill. Bathhouse with hot showers. 20, 30 and 50-amp service.

Std-20ft: No electric/water on this site. Accommodates tents, pop-ups and RVs up to 20 feet in length. Each campsite has a picnic table and fire-grill. Bathhouse with hot showers.

Sites 44 - 65: Group Campground - No electric/water on these sites. Three-site minimum purchase required. Each campsite has a picnic table and fire-grill. Bathhouse with hot showers. Good for tents. Group camp area - site specific; maximum six people per site. A large shelter, which is available to only group campers, may be rented.

Each yurt has a large wooden deck, two picnic tables, a pedestal grill and a fire ring with cooking grate. Reservations are required. Parking for two vehicles is allowed for each yurt. Those with additional vehicles must pay the daily parking fee and park in available overflow spaces in the campground.

Price
$28.00 - $35.00
Hike In
First Landing State Park is located in Virginia
Directions
2500 Shore Drive, Virginia Beach, VA 23451-1415 From I-64, take Northampton Blvd.-U.S. 13 North (Exit 282). Go through eight lights, then turn right at the Shore Drive/U.S. 60 exit (last exit before the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel). Take a right on Shore Drive and go four and a half miles to the park entrance. To reach the Chesapeake Bay Center, park office, camping or cabins, turn left off U.S. Rt. 60 at the stoplight and check in at the contact station or park office. For the Trail Center, picnic area and trails, turn right instead.
67 Reviews of First Landing State Park
Love it here!

Always love camping here. Try to get as close to the beach as possible, even tent camping. Bath houses are nice, they now have a shuttle that will take you to the strip in Virginia Beach, very inexpensively, great interpretive programs, and of course, the beach!

Beautiful, quiet, and right on the water

By far my favorite place I've ever camped! Just steps off the beach from our campsite. The campground itself was pretty quiet considering how many other people were there. Plus there is a ton to do right by the campground in Virginia Beach, if you get bored.

Love the location

This camp is wonderful but the tent sites are too close to the road. I wish there was a thicker tree line. It didn’t really have the serene setting I was looking for and it’s almost always booked up! I suggest it to beach lovers and beginner hikers.

LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!!

This is a wonderful place to get away - right near the beach. You can have a fire pit as well as stop in the country store for anything you might need while you’re there. The trails are great for hiking or going for a run.

Great campground

This is a great campground and beautiful location on the bay. All sites are well taken care of and staff is very friendly. Hiking trails are very nice and you can see a lot of wildlife in the swamp.

⛺️🚣🏼🏝

beautiful hiking trails. boat/kayak ramp. beaches

Another great place on the Chesapeake Bay

Not a bad place if you don't mind the sand.

Beautiful atmosphere!

If you’re looking for a beautiful place with magical trees to camp amongst, this is definitely your place. My negative review would be the bathrooms/showers. They are very disgusting and old so… I guess your camping and it shouldn’t matter? I did however love the beach… seemed so private because hardly a soul was on it and the waves are nice and quiet here. This was my second time visiting 😁

Crowded but Cool

This camp ground was exceptionally clean and the campsites varies from extremely small to fairly large. With our rooftop tent, we had to get a site that would facilitate us parking the truck, but the site we were given wasn’t ideal. The site we had (134) did not allow us to back the truck into the camp site, just in a narrow driveway close to the road. Since all of the other sites were taken, we made due. This site would have been perfect for a large family with multiple tents.

After dark, the place really filled up - I imagine most people had been at the beach all day. There were vehicles going past our site until approximately midnight, and people making noise until about 1am.

The restroom facility was within walking distance and was moderately clean (in comparison to a few of the other camp grounds I’ve experienced).

All in all, I enjoyed my stay and will definitely be back; however, I may call to make a reservation to describe my rig’s setup in lieu of reserving online.

First Landing is a gem.

This park is a dog friendly, peaceful gem where you can choose to hike just in the woods or even hike to the beach. The camp grounds are nice and kept well. Campers are typically laid back and fun. Fantastic park and one of our favorite places to go for some quality family time.