Camping in Hilton Village

203 Reviews of 31 Hilton Village, Virginia Campgrounds

Jay N.
Reviewed Aug. 2, 2021

Nice water views!

We stayed in Meador site 14, which was the furthest away from the bath house (still only maybe 150 yards), but it was on the water & was the most secluded (just meaning it's at the end of the row not between other spots). It was freshly mowed, had a fire ring, picnic table, & was right on…

• View from Meador site 14
SiteMeador 14
SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2021

Peaceful & Quiet Camping

Arrived on a Friday morning & was the only one there. Had my pick of all the sites! Campground was very clean with trash bins & porta-potties. Trails were well maintained & short walk down to the river. Would definitely stay again!

Tara N.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 30, 2021

Large level sites convenient to Mayberry

The campground has a nice playground, large sites with grass and rock parking pads. Full hookups. All sites are in the sun. This campground is very convenient for touring through Mayberry.

David F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2021

Fun and Adventure for all

We state at the tent campsites for 4 days. Very clean and well kept. I will say the outhouses were a bit rough, but most are—a lot of hiking and sightseeing. I could not be there during prime trout season, so I didn't get any fishing in. I would recommend this state park.

SiteSite 12
Kevin M.
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2021

Nice weekend getaway!

We ventured out to this very remote campground. There is no cell signal or WiFi, so perfectly made for escaping the daily grind. The tent sites are awesome and you are truly in the wilderness with the closes store being 20 miles away. We had a wonderful time but the water was turned off at the site…

Heather H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2021

Great quiet little spot, wonderful hosts!

The hosts made it super easy to reserve, check in etc. Truly nice people. The place is not too big or small, just right. Very clean. Nice tenants! Spots are long but pretty close together. Wifi didn't work, we're used to that at public places. We're a triple axl so we had to take it nice and slow…

Teresa S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2021

Room With View

Mayberry is big rig friendly even though it is set on a rolling hill/mountain. All sites are gravel and clean.

The campground doesn't have much to do, but it is a great place to stop a couple of nights to see Mayberry (My. Airy) and all the history of the Andy Griffith show.

• Fun Police Car Tour
Jacqueline F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Not my favorite

It’s an amazing drive to this campground, but it definitely wasn’t my favorite. Most of the sites are not level and it felt very crowded. The bathrooms and showers were pretty gross and I don’t think they were cleaned the 3 days we were there. Our site was by the dump station which was in sitting…

• trail near campsite with overlook views
  • am I Batman? :)
  • downhill bike ride to campstore
Michelle The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2021

Never Again

We booked a full week here in June. Never again.

Let me start with the pros...the staff is attentive and always working. The pond is nice with the ducks swimming around. Great location to thenwineries.

Cons:

There are no trees to be found near the sites, and in the heat of summer you need some…

m
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2021

Really nice state park

Beautiful park! Scenic beach, nice trails. Clean and quiet campground with easy pull through sites. Friendly staff. Would definitely go back!

AThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2021

Easy stop

On the blue ridge parkway. We stayed in one of the cabins, it was clean with fresh linens, a fridge, and microwave. Comfortable relaxing porch chairs to watch the sunset over the mountains. The owners are super friendly and helpful.

• cabin6
  • sunset
  • some of the campsites
Sitecabin 6
W
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2021

Bring lots of people

Lots of space, cheap price, walking distance from the lake raccoons and skunks everywhere all night.

Sitegroup site
SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 5, 2021

Looks good on New River

I didn’t camp here, but I took out my kayak at the boat ramp and looked around. Vault M/F toilet, BYOTP. No hookups and I didn’t see a water spigot. Plenty of shade. Closed during flood.

Sally C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 1, 2021

Nice Place For Overnight

Very nice private campground for overnight RV stay. Full hookups, clean and level spaces. Neighbors are close, but not too bad. Little shade, no swimming, nothing much here. A couple catch & release ponds.

• Stayed in site #7 on our way south.
Jean C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 29, 2021

Beautiful, small state park near national park

This is a beautiful, small state park with a combination of grassy and wooded sites. Some of the sites offer just water, while others offer both water and electric; none offer sewer, but there is a dump station near the check-in area. Bathhouse is clean with flush toilets, warm showers, and…

• Little Beaver State Park Site 8B