Camping in Groton Town

214 Reviews of 17 Groton Town, Virginia Campgrounds

L
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Overnight

Seems like the campground is geared for longer stays. Unfortunately, I was only there one night, and it rained. The campground was badly flooded. Showers were fine, snack bar helped, since I could not grill outside in the heavy rain.

Site??
a
Reviewed Jul. 10, 2021

Nice spot

The campground seems a bit out of the way, but it’s in a great location if you want to get away from the more crowded parks nearby. The staff was extremely helpful and everything was clean. My only issue was not every spot had a fire pit, but other then that I highly recommend!

j
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Frontier town is a great family campground, and good for the value.

Love this place been coming here since 1983. brought my kids here and now they bring there's here also. Great times plenty to do people very nice. love the west4rn town wiht Johnny and Amy  at the Indian village and the water parks. easy to get to and from and closer to The OC Boardwalk.

Siteaa00
K
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2021

Good quiet place to stay close to Assateague

Easily booked a site online for July 5-7 and had a very nice, quiet stay in the park. We chose this park as an alternative to staying on Assateague since it's only about 40 minutes away, and we prefer the shaded forest and lack of crowds. There were only a few other campers in our loop. If it was…

Michelle C.
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2021

Nice campsites, big campground, no privacy

This is a nice campground but it is crowded! The sites have more living space than some we’ve been to but don’t come here for privacy.

Siteback in and pull through
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2021

Tulip Loop, full hookups!

We took our 1st trip to Point Lookout the 1st week of June, glad we did. Tulip Loop has full hookups which was great, but the sites are basically in a swamp. I think we were there before the mosquitos. I'm sure with all the standing water they'd be everywhere!! We didn't have much cover from trees,…

Brian C.
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2021

wonderful campground but sites are close together

The park is amazing. the bike trails and kayaking trails are great. kayaking through thenald cypress swamp is a unique experience. campground store is worth checking out. sites are water and electric within easy reach. everything is sand. sites all seemed Level. cell provider Verizon had…

• baldcypress swamp
  • bike/hike trails
SiteA11
Erin W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 8, 2021

Great find!

30 minutes from beach and has many camping activities! We enjoyed fishing and kayaking. I think the only complaint is our loop didn’t have a bathroom and was a long walk. We camped in a warm April week and the pollen was ridiculous! Perfect campground when Assateague is full!

Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Hot Spring Trip

Very hot for an early spring trip. Not much shade in the sites here. The trail isn’t shaded either. Store & museum still closed, because of covid I guess. Staff very nice. Camp hosts are pretty much nonexistent as compared to other MD State Parks. I think we’re in a swamp. I assume mosquitos…

Site70 Tulip Loop
Heather The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 28, 2021

Enjoyed this campground!

Trap Pond is beautiful; the sites have a picnic table and a fire ring and are plentiful. The bathhouses are nice and they have a handicap accessible shower and bathroom stall- the only complaint I have about the bathhouse is that there was no fan to draw out the shower heat/humidity (we were in C…

Sitec24
K
Reviewed May. 27, 2021

Great first camp!

Never been camping before- drove in, stayed in Hoffman’s loop. Easy walk to the bathrooms and camp store, 20-ish minute walk to the beach- beach was a huge plus for us. Not too crowded! Bathrooms were also very clean.

• 20 minute walk from campsite
SiteHoffman’s loop 121
Jerry D.
Reviewed May. 25, 2021

Tall Pines

I work service & Repair on Rv and Campers. So in and outs tall pines is one a few decent locations. Stay on the main road to there do not go off on the side roads. Davis island down the road to the bay is a nice town but no attractions

Sitemaintenance
Christina  E.
Reviewed May. 25, 2021

Lots of fun!

Stayed this past weekend at Cherrystone and had a blast! Pools weren’t open yet but there was so much else to do we didn’t mind. Played around on the paddle boats and mini golf (included in site price), swam in the bay, did tie dye and played candy bar bingo! Bathrooms were very clean and…

Anne F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 21, 2021

Quiet campground on the water

We liked camping here. Rustic but with hook ups. Nice big pier for fishing. Not too much in the area. We did some bike rides. Take your groceries bc the grocery stores aren’t great.

Site?
Reviewed May. 17, 2021

Awesome place

Awesome family camp ground the kids loved it. We stayed in A7. fishing boating biking the beach is close by.

SiteA7