Addison, VERMONT
Most Recent Addison Camping Reviews
Fun tubing and great staff

We stayed here back in 2016 when the Adirondack Safari had their glamping sites here. We loved it. The best part honestly was tubing down the river. They had a great camp store that had everything you can think of including great beer.

Great place to camp

Quiet campground, close to many hiking high peak trails. Love the caretakers dog Rookie.

Fantastic campground with a great location

Pristine facilities, private camp sites and a beautiful area. Smuggler's Notch is close enough to Stowe to not be a hassle to drive to, but far enough away that it's quiet and remote. The staff was helpful and very good about controlling excessive noise from other sites. You are minutes from some amazing hiking, which is great when you don't feel like driving long distances after a day hike. Excellent showers (coin operated) and bathroom facility. Reserve early, as this place doesn't have a ton of sites and it folds up quickly!

Gorgeous Lake George

Truly the Queen of the American lakes. Crystal clear you can see the bottom even in deep water. Campground is huge but well kept and quiet considering the amount of sites Sites near Rt 9 can hear road noise They offer moorings for watercraft Fireplace was in bad repair Many bathrooms and several shower houses that are in good repair Site 132. not on water Water pic from day use area Cell service on north end of campground but spotty

Good location but loud

We stayed in two of the three lean-tos over the weekend in August 2019. The third was vacant. The lean tos were right next to the large RVs and full hook up campers. Our group camped both inside the lean tos and in pitched tents.

It was pretty loud because we were by the huge RVs and camper vehicles, we were by the main road too which contributed to the noise.

It’s in a great location near the beach and we had a very nice 30 minute walk into downtown Burlington. For that convenience the site was in an ideal location! Overall it felt pretty safe even though the sites felt close to one another

Wonderful Experience

Multiple different types of sites to accommodate all forms of camping. Family-friendly

Love the remoteness and boat-only access that most of the sites have.

Only a few sites have cover available in the form of lean-tos.

Very good spot...

Nice camping spot with showers and toilets that are fairly clean. Employees are nice and also a trail for Scarface starting at the camp. Also some surprising visitors:)

wonderful but a little pricey

This campground is lovely! The tent sites are spacious and feel somewhat private considering how large the campground is. The bathrooms are well maintained and kept clean. The showers don’t run out of hot water, which is an issue common to many other campgrounds I’ve stayed at. The staff are responsive and accommodating. There is a small restaurant on-site in the lodge and while their menu is simple they take care to accommodate guests. I have a severe food allergy and they made sure my food was made safely. The only downsides I’d give are the price and the size of the campground - just because it’s so large it does feel a little less private than staying at one of the smaller family owned places around. It’s still wonderful though and I would book again without hesitation.

Huge campsites lakeside

I couldn't believe how large the lots were. While they arent super far from one another, they are large enough that they seem further than they are. Nice beautiful wooded area, we were able to put a tent and hang a hammock for sleeping. Price was very reasonable. The bathroom closest to us was having a running water issue, but it wasn't a big deal for us the lean too lots looked nice too if you're looking for coverage. It was a little close to the road, but it isnt a major road so I looked at it like a reasonable alarm clock. The lot was freshly raked and there really wasn't anything we didn't like about the site. Campfire pit had a grill!

LOVE LOVE LOVE this campground!

If you couldn’t already tell, we absolutely loved this campground! The one owner we did meet was very pleasant and told us all about the local events within the area and where to go for groceries/dining. He then hopped onto his bike and had us follow him to our camp spot. Once there, he proceeded to direct us as we backed up into the spot. Our camp spot had an amazing view of the lake which we didn’t ask for specifically which made it even better. While the campground itself doesn’t have a lot to do, we managed to find little things here and there to keep us busy. There’s a fish hatchery nearby, the ferry to NY, Seb’s snack shack, the farmers market and a winery/vineyard. The campground also has private access to the water so we spent a lot of time down at the beach with our dog. If you’re looking for a quiet, relaxing campground filled with friendly people, I cannot recommend this place enough! I would just suggest wearing shoes into the water as the rocks are very slippery on bare feet!

Disneyworld atmosphere

I have been coming to Lake George escape for 15 years now and I have watched it's transformation from a family run business to a corporate campground. I loved when it was smaller operational wise, It had a more rustic appeal to it , the camp store was small and just had a dated vibe about it. That being said it's become a big operation now. They offer everything now , it really is like being at Disney. The daily schedual for the kids it's non-stop all day , they rent golf carts ,kayaks , pedal carts, canoes .They have cabin rentals , pool , a restaurant ,bar , dancing. It's perfect if you prefer glamping but you can also get a site off grid at the same time. You need to see there website to get a full picture of it.

First tent camping experience

This was a great place to start our camping adventures. Friendly staff and helpful pointing out places to hike. Site was clean and quiet. Bathrooms were clean and showers were hot. A pleasant treat after hiking.

Beautiful location in VT.

Amazing Hike! Great Campground

This is a short and sweet hike to one of the higher points in Vermont. It is a beautiful scenic (somewhat strenuous) hike to the summit. The views are pretty epic though. The designated primitive camping area is about 1.5 miles into the hike. If I recall it had about 10-12 sites. The area had a host who was there 24/7 and a shared area for eating and food storage (I guess Bear’s are a problem there). We hiked all day, so we didn’t have a fire and to be honest I can’t remember if there was a shared spot for them or not. Either way, this hike was gorgeous and so was the camping. I would love to go back!

Great campground

Amazing views and great hospitality

Great place

Love this place I’ve been here more then one twice with a tent and once in a cabin

Had a great time

Stayed there this past week and it was great the beach is nice beautiful views and even caught a few bass large and smallmouth

Great for the price.

Amazing views and great hospitality.

Large sites, planned activities, minutes from lake George

Campground has large full hook up campsites and plenty of them. Each site is mostly level and seems private with having greenery around each site. There are planned activities each day like limbo, scavenger hunts, movie night at the pool( in summer months) and a great pool to swim in with two water slides. At $96/ night it is pricey, but still less expensive than staying at a hotel resort. Bonus is you camp in July, there are raspberry bushes throughout the park!!

Great small park

Only 8 campsites, dispersed in the trees. $23/night. Picnic table and fire pit. Moderate cell service. Nice hikes and cool views of the area!

Small, quiet, private

We recently stayed five nights here and although it wasn’t the best campground for us (lack of sites on the water, which we were aware of), this was a very pleasant experience. The deer flies were horrible everywhere but in our site. The bathrooms were always clean, the showers were always clean and the campground as a whole was ALWAYS CLEAN. We spent a day on the ponds (Putnam & North Pond are connected) and it is beautiful. The water is cool, clean and beautiful. If you are into roughing it, the remote sites are worth a stay, especially the one on the island (I think it’s R5). Running through the campground are several hiking trails and they are worth it. Heart pond and Bear pond were nice, but unspectacular. Rock pond on the other hand was great. Take the yellow trail through the sites to the Rock pond lean-to. Along the pond there are great views and potential swimming locations. Take the red trail around and you will come across the old graphite mine, which was cool to look at it’s remnants. If you bring along a strong flashlight, you may be able to go in the shaft a bit. We did not, due to only having a cell phone for light. You can follow the red trail around Rock pond, where it will connect back to the yellow trail and back to the campground. The red trail is a more challenging way back, but should have spectacular access to parts of Rock pond. There were several other trails as well, but due to the weather I could not hike them.

Overall, this is an excellent campground for hiking and a great, peaceful stay. The ponds are beautiful and if you bring your own boats, you don’t have to pay the $20 rental and can spend your days on the ponds.

Campground staff was friendly and always available. Enjoy your stay!

Great campsite, great pool. Cafe service is horrendous. Preachy.

The goods:

Campsites are the largest and most private I've ever seen. Fantastic. Good privacy.

Dunno why others are complaining about the 3 rocks as a fire pit. Plenty functional and directs the heat out towards the seating area.

The pool is as good as it looks in the pictures. Your kids will be here every day and love it. The deepest the pool gets is around 4 feet. There are 2 slides and they are pretty well monitored.

The check in staff and the store staff are great. Very helpful. The camp store is pretty well stocked.

The needs improvement:

The café staff are completely incompetent. I went through 3 people to find someone that spoke English. A very basic order of 2 slushies took over 20 minutes and they were both wrong. I watched the same thing happen to the next 4-5 families while my kids drank their slushies. It has a ton of potential but terrible execution. I tried again a day or two later and bought some lunch, it took an hour and the order was wrong.

The playlist at the pool area seems to alternate between Jimmy buffett / Bob marley (great!) and a 5 year old's sunday school religious kid songs (wth??). Super annoying. Combine that with the pamphlets handed out at check-in, it's a little preachy. Save that for church, I'm here to camp, Thank you.

Nice riverfront sites; fairly secluded;

right on the paradox river; they rent tubes ; they have a heated pool, a couple different playgrounds and an arcade for those rainy days. Only downside is they only have one bathroom with showers; and the rest are porta-potties

One of our favorite campgrounds

We stay here every year for 10 days. Nice quiet clean campground. Beautiful sites.

100 Acre: Quiet & Peaceful

We reserved a full hook up 50a pull through for 3 nights as we toured the northeast. Check in was a little tricky, as we missed the “REGISTRATION” sign at the Lodge and had to drive around again. We were directed to our site across the street in the 100 Acre Wood and set up rather easily. Water pressure was good, road noise was minimal, sites are spaced apart well, enough mature tree growth for shade and hammock! Used the pool at the resort once (a little chilly), and purchased some beer in the camp store. Service was always polite and helpful. Would definitely stay here again!!!

It was alright

The campground isn’t bad however there’s not much to do in the area unless you want to take a 20-30 minute drive. Campground probably isn’t suitable for kids as they have zero activities. It was a good campground for a quick weekend getaway but not a place I’d want to spend more than a couple days at.

Heaven

This is without a doubt my favorite place to camp. The people are great, the river is as fun as it gets no matter the season and the new owners went out of their way to assure we had a great stay.

Really nice semi-remote campground

Great tent camping area with good privacy at sites. Would be tough for any but the tiniest RV. No water. Well maintained, and nice access to trails right from the campground.

Great times had here

We had a great time at this campground. It has some trail heads on the grounds and so much to do on the area it located. There’s a beautiful lake here for doing all sorts of things at. The camping areas are large enough to fit everything you need on them, we pitched a tent.