About Willard Bay State Park
Hike In
Willard Bay State Park is located in Utah
4 Reviews of Willard Bay State Park
Noisy, but pretty

We stayed one night in early September, it was very hot, and this location has no hookups, so plan to be hot. Nice big sites, lots of wildlife all around. Nice swimming beach, fresh water. Pretty sunsets, and a nice view of mountains to the east. Sites in this campground are large. Lots of room to spread out, play games and have fun. Wild life is abundant here, birds, raccoons, deer. I loved the crickets chirping. Front gate staff was helpful, but agree with other comments, you have to pick a space before you come in.

Bad part was the freeway noise. Even with ear plugs I could not sleep. Worst: trash was everywhere. Showers in bath houses were unusually small and cryptic.

For the price, the lack of access to pick a spot, strictly enforced entry time, the trash and noise, I will look elsewhere for a place to stay.

Not a bad spot

They assign spots when u arrive without u looking at the spots. Then if u don’t like the spot they give u a lot of trouble to change it. We had to speak to a ranger, who also gave us the run around about the spot— but eventually agreed to swap the spot. It was pretty but at around 2 am a group of raccoons scared the crap out of us when they started fighting outside our tent. Dealing with that whole ordeal and the drama from the spot change made us not want to stay longer than one night.

Decent spot to rest your head, but if you're a light sleeper, bring earplugs!

Can be loud at night on the weekends. Lots of late arrivals due to proximity to the freeway (just my guess, but seems like the late arrivals only stayed a few hours). The state park offers boat, jetski, and other watercraft rentals, so this is a great spot to go if you like power sports on the water! It was peaceful in the early hours of the morning, but once the waterskiing starts up, the noise can be distracting. If you're looking for peace and solitude, look elsewhere! However, if you need the convenience of the location, it serves that purpose quite well!

unexpected goodness :)

I was impressed with the size of sites and the decent amount of privacy of the sites as well. Being the park is somewhat close to Salt Lake City I wasn't sure what to expect, but we were pleased with a couple nights at this park.