Camping in Val Verda Condominium

209 Reviews of 22 Val Verda Condominium, Utah Campgrounds

C
Reviewed Sep. 9, 2021

Antelope Island

Great place to see some wildlife and you are still relatively close to the city. I saw Bison, coyote, cool spiders and tons of birds and insects.

• lots of Bison.  you can get pretty close and stay in your car
  • view back towards the city
  • pronghorn sheep
Bill M.
Reviewed Sep. 4, 2021

Easy and quiet

Set up was easy, drove past the BLM sign about half a mile and stayed on a flat open area. Mosquitos were terrible, bring bug spray! Happy camping!

Month of VisitOctober
David H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 28, 2021

Love It!

We live so close we’re at this park all the time. Spent a weekend camping with friends. Got lucky and lined up the three spots in a row right by the creek (last three before the trail up to the falls). Was a great time with good people. Bathrooms were clean and camp host was nice and helpful.

Kellie M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 18, 2021

Great place

It was nice get away from Ogden

susanna R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 13, 2021

Great spot!

We pulled in later in the evening with no reservation and was able to find a spot with full hook-ups for our camper. It was a nice campground, well maintained and pretty! Nice paved paths for our kiddos to right their scooters and fun water activities available to the kids for free (water bounce…

SiteSite 3
Rob M.
Reviewed Aug. 11, 2021

Nice campground!

Lots of trees and fire pits. Nice hiking trails around. It gets cooler at this elevation so bring a jacket even in the summer.

M
Reviewed Aug. 7, 2021

Something for everyone

This campground has been a friends and family favorite for many years.

My husband and I recently took our toddler and infant here and had a blast. They found joy in simply throwing pebbles in the creek and making mud. Before we had kids, we would bike and hike along the different trails. There’s…

• lots of blueish and purplish rocks to find here
  • The creek was low, but as you can see there’s plenty for adventures.
  • our site had a fun log laying across the creek
Brian P.
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2021

Great Campsite

A nice getaway from the city for the weekend. It’s usually pretty busy. The camp boat are great. Bathrooms are close by but no showers. Nice concrete pads and tables.

JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 21, 2021

Cold Water Canyon Loop

If you want shade, check out the Cold Water Canyon Loop. The bathroom was close to my site. However, I had to drive to Loop A to get water for washing. Lots if biting flies.

Sitecold water canyon 9
Ash S.
Reviewed Jul. 18, 2021

Nice area but loud traffic

Nice area and large camping sites. Toilet available. There's a river to play in at a pull off just a few minutes down the road. Tons of trails. A couple of deer wandered right through our campsite.

Downside- the campsites are really close to the main Alpine Loop road and there are cars constantly…

Bethany R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Awesome!!

I stayed here for three nights (July 7-9 2021) and it was great!! I’m on a road trip to Chicago from California and this was the first place I stayed and I absolutely loved it.

The campsites are hidden but close together which I loved being a solo female traveler it made me feel so safe knowing…

Elsewhere
Reviewed Jul. 16, 2021

Nice place

Clean... a bit busy... lots of folks biking and walking on the public trail next to campground... but not noisy. Provo River runs through it.
Highly recommend! Make a reservation for sure.

• Bridal Veil falls
Hope S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 15, 2021

Amazing view with animals

We got a pull through site and it had a beautiful view of the lake. It’s very quiet here, no hook ups and can only use the generator during certain hours. The sites are spaced far apart. At night you can hear some animals howling and in the daytime you can see antelope and bison. It’s a beautiful…

RThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2021

It’s a graveyard

Used this GPS to find this location. What a surprise to find it is a graveyard. I did find the exact site though a few miles down the road

TThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Gem around Salt Lake City with an amazing sunset view - the smell!

We needed a place to stop on our drive to Yellowstone and this spot popped up on our radar. We had no idea how beautiful this overnight stay would be! First on the drive across the causeway the smell of the lake was a little overwhelming but there is no trace of it on the campground. The spots are…