Camping in Little Trieste

Recent Dispersed Reviews Near Little Trieste, Utah

312 Reviews of 62 Little Trieste, Utah Campgrounds

Santiago V.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 21, 2021

Super hard to find in dark

Girlfriend and I stayed here and we went at night. Very hard to find. We aren’t sure if we camped in the right spot. When we woke up there were paragliders ready to glide. Which was cool. VERY windy and hard to drive stakes in also. But it did work and it was free

Olivia L R.
Reviewed Sep. 16, 2021

My favorite Campground and Host

Let me tell you about one of the best hid secrets,  It's this place! It seems to have started out as a fishing spot at the reservoir and expanded into a campground many years ago. The camp host Stevie was amazing.  I have never seen a campground so well-cared-for. I was also there for a week on my…

Site4,7,19,21,23
Eric F.
Reviewed Sep. 10, 2021

Love it

Close to home, beauatiful sites.

C
Reviewed Sep. 9, 2021

Antelope Island

Great place to see some wildlife and you are still relatively close to the city. I saw Bison, coyote, cool spiders and tons of birds and insects.

• lots of Bison.  you can get pretty close and stay in your car
  • view back towards the city
  • pronghorn sheep
C
Reviewed Sep. 9, 2021

Mill Hollow site 5

8800 ft of elevation—escape the heat. Great fishing. Site 5 is my favorite, just a short walk to the reservoir

• There is great fishing in Mill Hollow Reservoir.  Rainbow trout and tiger trout (shown in picture)
Rebecca W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 5, 2021

Great camping if you’ve got ATVs

Tons of dispersed camping areas along the 196. We stayed about 12 miles off of the I-80, on the east side of the 196. Beautiful views, wide open spaces and super quiet. LOTS of mosquitoes and flies. We brought a 30’ RV with a lifted Ram 2500 and had no problem driving over the washouts. Lots of…

• View looking west from our site
  • Great hiking nearby if you could avoid all the bugs
  • View looking northwest from our campground
Site40.586664 -112.707144
Bill M.
Reviewed Sep. 4, 2021

Easy and quiet

Set up was easy, drove past the BLM sign about half a mile and stayed on a flat open area. Mosquitos were terrible, bring bug spray! Happy camping!

TThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 29, 2021

Nice and quiet

I pick up a new rv locally and need some time to pack out the new rv. Stayed 3 nights. Very quiet and would recommend.

Sitep8
David H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 28, 2021

Love It!

We live so close we’re at this park all the time. Spent a weekend camping with friends. Got lucky and lined up the three spots in a row right by the creek (last three before the trail up to the falls). Was a great time with good people. Bathrooms were clean and camp host was nice and helpful.

SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 25, 2021

Good spot

Made it up after dark, roads were accessible for an all wheel drive car. Lots of RVs parked for extended amounts of time, still managed to find a small spot to car camp w two vehicles tucked away in the woods. Easy access to Strawberry Reservoir, pretty stars. Lots of dirt bikes, quads, side by…

J
Reviewed Aug. 21, 2021

Great place

We were treated like royalty by the staff. The facility had wonderful laundry and bathrooms

A
Reviewed Aug. 17, 2021

Beautiful place

It was clean and at night loved seeing the stars. Amazing view!

Siteloop G
KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 16, 2021

Got the job done

We were road tripping through with no reservations. The whole South Fork area has many campgrounds. Magpie is the first and one of the smaller of the campgrounds as you drive up the canyon. We drove through all the campgrounds and didn’t find any hosts to talk with to find out if we could occupy a…

• looking back towards the entrance to the small loop and the host site
  • proximity to road
  • large concrete pad you can see all the overgrown vegetation in the background
Rob M.
Reviewed Aug. 11, 2021

Nice campground!

Lots of trees and fire pits. Nice hiking trails around. It gets cooler at this elevation so bring a jacket even in the summer.

M
Reviewed Aug. 7, 2021

Something for everyone

This campground has been a friends and family favorite for many years.

My husband and I recently took our toddler and infant here and had a blast. They found joy in simply throwing pebbles in the creek and making mud. Before we had kids, we would bike and hike along the different trails. There’s…

• lots of blueish and purplish rocks to find here
  • The creek was low, but as you can see there’s plenty for adventures.
  • our site had a fun log laying across the creek