About Slickrock Campground
Private
Slickrock Campground is located in Utah
Directions
We’re located on the main highway one mile south of the Colorado River, in Moab Utah.
23 Reviews of Slickrock Campground
Memorial weekend @ slickrock

We booked this at the last min wanting to get out of town for memorial weekend. This was the absolute only thing I could find. I’m usually not one for RV parks, but all non private campgrounds were still closed due to covid. I wasn’t sure what to expect. The facility was at about 50% capacity due to covid/social distancing rules. The staff was super friendly. They had spent most of the quarantine remodeling the bathrooms and they were wonderfully done and spotlessly clean. This was the highlight of our stay. Unfortunately they hadn’t finished all the quarantine projects that had originally planned. This resulted in a very messy, unmarked, un-shaded, and overly crowded tent camping area. Since the sites were unmarked, we came back to tents pitched all over the place, even in the road passing through this part of the campground. It was an unorganized mess. But overall we were just happy to be out and recreating in such a beautiful place. Oh and the views are pretty good from this RV park as well.

This is the best campground!

I think they just changed management so they were doing a lot of improvements. The showers & bathrooms are the best I’ve ever seen. They have cabins, RV & tent sites. We tent camped in an RV site for the hookups. Staff was very friendly & informative. Also it’s at the edge of Moab so it was a very close drive to Arches NP, etc. And it was also close to town so we were only maybe a 10 minute drive to the grocery store & the downtown area of Moab

Good place to stay but not camping

I have stayed here several times in a tent and a trailer. It stays pretty noisy until about 10pm mostly because of the hwy. But the grounds and restrooms are always kept clean and is dog friendly.

Ranger Review: Stream 2 Sea at Slick Rock Campground hi

Campground review: We made or tent site reservations online en route to Moab. When we arrived there was a sign stating they had a special for $20 night for tent camping. The office honored the special and reimbursed us the difference that we had already paid. The young man helping us check in was very kind and helpful. Unfortunately the pool was closed due to some plumbing issues in Moab. Kind of a bummer because it was super hot and it would have been nice. We were provided direction to site 138. It was a nice site with a couple shade trees. Since it is a commercial campground in town it is noisy and you hear highway traffic. Sites are pretty close together. Just bring ear plugs and you’ll be okay. The site had a picnic table and a grill. No campfires are allowed. Some of the other tent sites had canopies for shade and rain protection.

Product Review: Stream2Sea https://stream2sea.com/ I sampled a variety of products from Steam2Sea. In the sunny desert, I was most interested in sun protection. Their sunscreen products are titanium dioxide based. They are all eco conscious, biodegradable and reef friendly. These products do what they say they will do, I did not get sunburned. Even in a sudden rain storm and sweating in the heat. I did reapply once after the rain.
To apply, rub product between palms then pat over the area you wish to apply then begin to rub it in. It will leave your skin whitish and a bit sticky feeling. I honestly did not like the feel of the sunscreen. It did protect me from the sun and it is eco friendly, but I prefer the bad for you chemical sun screen. Just my opinion. It is not a bad product, just not for me. I tried their sun protect lip balm with spf 30. It left my lips white and the cherry flavor just didn’t do it for me. I also tried their Tinted Sunscreen. This seemed better than the original, but still felt a bit sticky.

The product I love and will repurchase is their Nourishing Body Lotion. It is packed with good for you ingredients and has a nice coconut scent. It absorbs quickly and leaves skin feeling soft and healthy. It is one of my favorite lotions.

My overall option on Stream2Sea is: If you are looking for an eco-conscious product then this is likely on of the best options on the market. For me, I think I will stick with spray on coppertone.

Super Slick!

Nice spot just a short drive off I-70 down into the Moab/Arches NP area. Very clean bathrooms with showers. Late/midnight entry allowed. Tent spots are very close to each other, with small awning just tall enough to fit a tent.

Not terrible, but not great.

Very crowded camping area (especially on Memorial Day weekend). Good location in Moab Surprisingly nice showers/bathroom

Not terrible, but not great.

Just a $- not a customer

Very busy campground. They fit our RV in on a parking spot and told us to just put chairs in our spot if we had to leave. So we did and we came back and another RV was in our spot. So we just parked anywhere we could. Frustrating for us. Just a much different experience from other campgrounds-their RV spots are expensive and park seemed full of atv enthusiasts. Showers/bathrooms okay.

Reliable & Affordable Spot

I’ve stayed at this campground a handful of times while visiting Moab and it’s never disappointed. Even in the busy summer months, this place has always seemed to have availability when I needed a spot. The spots are pretty small and tightly packed, but if you don’t mind that it’s a fine campground. They do have a nice pool which is a nice amenity for an affordable and convenient place. Bathrooms and showers centrally located and clean. I would definitely recommend for a night!

Tent camping? Not even close to worth it.

I paid more than two times a National Park or state park campground for the world’s tiniest site in the middle of what is essentially a parking lot with trees and a few tables…

Slickrock Campground should only be a last resort for tent campers as it was for me. I chose to camp here exclusively for the showers which had insanely variable water temperature. The bathrooms are in need of repair (moldy sinks and such) but were overall clean.

The only redeeming factor was going to be the hot tub. Doesn’t soaking in a hot tub after a day of hiking sounds great? Even if the pools are right on the main road. When I checked in I specifically asked if the hot tub was open, the woman at the desk looked me in the eye and said, “yeah the pool is open 10-10.” Which was true enough, the pool was open but BOTH hot tubs were closed…

They currently have a deal that it’s only $20 for a single tent site as a walk-in camper. If reserve ahead of time it’s considerably more. This encourages people not to make reservations and is thus a bad business move.

Perhaps if you have an RV this is a nice place to spend an evening or two, it’s conveniently located near the town of Moab and the nearby national parks.