Standard (Tent/RV)
Equestrian
About Lake Maria State Park

Backpack sites, located on remote lakes and ponds throughout the park, are one to two miles from the trailhead parking. New log camper cabins, located near lakes and ponds, provide bunk beds for six people and a table and benches for campers who want more of the creature comforts.

Hike In
No Water Hookups
Max Length: 20 ft.
Lake Maria State Park is located in Minnesota
23 Reviews of Lake Maria State Park
Hike in sites and cabins. Beautiful hiking trails.

Lake Maria State Park has great hiking trails for the whole family, the camper cabins are spread throughout and are hike in only. Each cabin is pretty secluded and on a body of water. The cabins themselves are very basic, but the setting is awesome.

I haven’t stayed in the backpack tent sites, but I bet they’re fantastic.

Decent nearby campground

This park is only about 50 minutes away from me, and for hiking/camping I only think it is worth a trip in the fall. I went a few weeks ago for the first time in the summer and I thought it was just kind of average as far as hiking goes. Campsites and cabins are walk-in only as far as I know and the site I visited had a private rustic pit toilet a stones throw away. The campsites ARE nice though and private, this just felt too close to home and too similar to parks that are closer. Last year the middle of October was prime color season- drive to the very end where Little Mary Lake is (the bigger lake) and behold- your new destination for your annual family portrait session. Seriously, the yellow leaves are VIVID.

Beautiful and Relaxing

Really enjoyed the short hike to our campsite, BP7. There is a bathroom and water station before you head out which is awesome! The campsite was secluded and absolutely beautiful. Definitely will be going back again!

Campsite included: 2 tent pads, a few areas to hammock, fire ring w/large grill, small bench, picnic table, bear box and latrine.

I don’t think I would change a thing about the campsite.

Beautiful setting!

This is a beautiful park! There are plenty of driving/biking/walking paths. Very woodsy and there's lots of wild animals!

consistently amazing

After hiking Lake Maria SP many times, and camping 5 times, it's my go-to spot for a consistently great experience. I hosted a ladies weekend, taught my stepson how to overnight, and have solo camped. The trails are well marked, there are easily accessible sites, as well as more rugged. Water, privies, and wood are available.

The lake is beautiful!

Give her a go!

Awesome time in camper cabins

The camper cabins were cozy and I loved reading the logs of past visitors!

Great beginner backpacking

This is a great place to adventure into backpacking. The sites are about a mile hike in. We went in late April and we able to hammock camp. It felt isolated even though other sites were nearby. I also appreciated the vault toilets. Bring your own tp.

Beautiful pristine 1-3 mile hike in sites

My friend had been here before and picked out the most beautiful site for us overlooking a gorgeous, untouched prairie. There was a nice picnic table and fire ring available at our site. We hiked in and had a little trouble finding trees to hang our packs from due to a lot of new growth, but overall, this place is somewhere is go back to and recommend. It's one of the nicest and cleanest places I've camped within 2 hours of the metro.

The site won't let me add photos :(

A favorite

I visit here often, great walking trails and wildlife.

Family Camping

We had a great time camping here with the family!

Black Friday Gift: 6 months of FREE PRO camping features. Get Your Gift