The best TENT SITES camping near

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Obey City Camping Reviews
Fun Winter Camping

We were missing the camp life, so we headed over to Fall Creek Falls for a night. We stayed in loop B and it was almost empty. We stayed in site 82, as it was close to the bathroom (but also had a sewer hookup) and roomy. Be advised, this site is next to a small, open field. When high winds occur, you'll want to have everything tied down tight! It was a pleasant trip regardless of the harsh winds. The waterfalls were beautiful as always!

Nice, Quiet, Rural with full hookups and Wifi.

Very nice quiet, rural campground with full hookups and wifi and General Store/Cafe walkable M-SA 11-5pm. It is very quiet and very dark. This is very rural so see recommendations for distances to nearest places We camped at Brooks Corner Campground& RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Tip for Other Campers:

Propane is available for:

-20lbs swap-outs at the local Dollar Trees(Jamestown or near Eglin/Robbins both are~20m away)

-Fillings at Tractor Supply(Oneida~40m/Jamestown~25) or Schaefer and Schaefer Welding Supplies(Oneida~40m)

Groceries:

-Walmart(Oneida~40m/Jamestown~25)

-Dollar Trees(Jamestown or near Eglin/Robbins both are~20m away)

Fast Food:

-KFC/Sonic/McDonalds- Jamestown

-Lots of Options in Oneida

-RM Brooks General Store has Lunch 11-5 Mon-Sat and Breakfast on Sats starting at 830

Great spot!

The owners are very friendly! We showed up after they closed and they let us in anyways. We woke up next to their cow farm and it made for a pleasant morning

Blue Water Resort

I hate to give this place a good review because I'm afraid that it will become so popular we won't be able to get reservations in the future. This campground has been a great well know secret location for years. We have watched it grow over the years from a swamp campground to a 5 star campground.  The fishing is fantastic, Bass, Crappie, Bluegill and Rockfish are abundant. Campground sites are level and concrete. Power sources 30 and 50 Amp are available.  Restrooms are clean . The store is well stocked with liquid refreshments, bait, clothing, and great pizza. The back pavilion is large, covered, fans, TV are some of the benefits.  A band plays certain nights, fish fry and barbecue happens frequently.  There is a covered marina, a fishing pier, a stocked fishing pond for kids and a great refreshing pool. A laundry also is available.  The staff is courteous and knowledgeable. This is God's campground.  Please don't come

Love the Platform sites

We love the platform sites that are so spacious and private. Easy access to dump station and bath houses. Almost all sites have view of water. It was very peaceful and quiet. It is very affordable especially for state employees. We will return.

Amazing Spot

This is such a great spot. Affordable, walking distance to town and yet the grounds make you feel like you’re in a park far away from everything. Beautiful pines on property and lots of local hiking nearby. It’s January, so quiet season. I am able to walk my dog over the few acres and really enjoy the property, the creek (Barren Fork) & wildlife. Mickey is the guy, if you need anything. He and his electrician really went above and beyond to get me set up. These are good people. And this place rocks. Can’t wait for kayak season.

Quiet FREE Campground

Rhea Springs is a wonderful free campsite in central Tennessee which permits stay up to 14 days. As a part of the TVA the property as a whole is well maintained despite some obvious wear and tear on the restroom facilities.

I pulled into Rhea Springs later in the afternoon on a Wednesday and found a waterside site with ease. Though there were several other campers there it did not seem crowded at all as spacing of sites is well thought. I camped in my van near the waters edge in a semi flat area, though I will say some sites are much more uneven than others. I was on the main entry area as opposed to the peninsula are for camping as that seemed to be attracting more group camps and louder crowd at the time of my visit.

All sites are equipped with a fire ring and picnic table, but additionally they have a trash can which is picked up every few days by the TVA maintenance. Additionally you can find trash and recycling near the restrooms.

The restrooms were large enough for a couple of stalls and a very large kind of dingy looking shower. The shower had no curtain so a bathing suit or a buddy would be needed to use this and have privacy. The water in the showers does get very warm, so that is a bonus. There are also no mirrors in the restroom so if you are counting on one to get ready for the day pack one in with you.

When I visited my initial goal was to stay a single night but I really enjoyed the waterfront positioning of my campsite during the rains, it was very peaceful and coaxed me into a second night’s stay. I would definitely return to this campsite again in the future!

Quick stopover

November 16, 2020 We arrived after dark, and left fairly early the next morning so didn’t spend a lot of time there. Went for a short walk before we left in the morning. Parking sites are on wooden platforms which was fine for our Winnebago Revel, but a bit weird for my daughter who was sleeping in a tent, but it all worked out fine. The only amenities we used were the dump station and restrooms. Restrooms were clean and heated.

Beautiful lake and limestone formations but that’s about all we saw of the park.

Beautiful Setting

This campground is small but has some of the prettiest views I've seen. I'll definitely visit it again!

Some of the best camping in the Southeast

Big South Fork is the perfect place for the outdoor enthusiast. Literally anything you want to do, you can find it here- horseback riding, ATV riding, hiking, biking, rock climbing, kayaking, backpacking, camping, fishing, hunting, swimming… I could go on, but you get the point. I have spent a lot of time here, and it’s at the top of my list for places in the Southeast. The Big South Fork river is some of the best smallmouth fishing around. I love the backcountry camping in BSF, it’s so peaceful, and beautiful. There are several campsites that people have made stone firepits and log/rock seating, it has the feel of the AT without as many people. The Burnt Mill area is awesome, but the hike can be challenging, but it is so worth it. You can find a great backcountry site off of nearly every trail in there. I love to stop by a local staple for a good cheeseburger basket and a milkshake at Flonnies Drive In on the corner of hwy 63 and hwy 27, if you get the chance, treat yourself!