About Bridgestone Centennial Wldrns
Contact
Bridgestone Centennial Wldrns is located in Tennessee
2 Reviews of Bridgestone Centennial Wldrns
Flooding Possible

The campground road was flooded when I was here, another truck made it halfway, but the campsites were underwater, so if you’re planning to camp here, make sure it’s dry! I could see the campground when i walked down, and it looks like a great place to camp, right on the river. I set up camp in the parking lot, since the actual campground was inaccessible. The area is great for turkey hunting, and I did see some deer on my morning hunt also. The WMA is very large, with lots of open space, however if hunting season is open, you can’t be there. If this area, Big Bottom Unit doesn’t suit your needs, there’s other areas in the WMA with great camping too. I’ll try again when it’s on the drier side.

Big Bottom Unit

The Bridgestone Firestone Centennial WMA is huge, with multiple primitive campgrounds and this review is for the area called Big Bottom Unit. The Big Bottom Unit has two campgrounds, however you will see in my pics, the road to get to the campgrounds was washed out! So we just made camp at the entrance of the WMA. One thing I’ve learned about WMA’s is they are regularly not clearly marked, and this one was no different. There no sign that points to the campground. So it’s the road that is to the right of the sign. The area is a Wildlife Management Area (WMA) which means hunting is allowed there, and if it’s hunting season, you can’t be there if you’re not hunting. We visited during Spring Turkey season, and we did see several wild turkeys driving in, my husband did not see any when he was hunting. He did see a lot of deer though, and the area is just naturally beautiful, lots of caves and rock formations, and the Caney Fork River runs through, if you can get the the campground, it’s right on there. Outside of hunting season, this is a great place to camp, and relax by the river, or for walking/hiking/trail running. I believe the gravel path stretched a few miles, according to a helpful game warden we spoke to. I look forward to returning to this spot when hunting season is over and it’s a bit drier so we can actually make it to the campgrounds.

Black Friday Gift: 6 months of FREE PRO camping features. Get Your Gift