Mountainbrook , TENNESSEE

Most Recent Mountainbrook Camping Reviews
Nice but....

This is a campground with lots of trees and water front lots but seems like the prime areas are filled with long term campers, so much for the 14 day limit, no openings for the weekenders near the beach area and only a couple of waterfront sites are available. The road is rutted and potholes thru out and our neighbors ran their generator all night, very loud considering I was in a tent. I’ll probably stay again but not my top choice.

Beautiful park

Nice campground, wide variety of campsites, most of them level. Decent bathhouse/facilities, clean and adequate for the number of folks using them. Nice hiking trails. I didn’t use the other amenities offered at the park and I missed the visitor center being open. The camp store was also closed, but I believe it’s either closed for COVID or just hasn’t opened for the season.

Nice campground with beautiful hike to waterfall!

My partner and I headed to nearby Chilhowie Campground in the Cherokee National Forest last year to try out our new teardrop camper.  We chose site 1 in the A Loop as it had shore power. The site was not level and actually had quite an incline which was slightly challenging to level on the sandy pad.   The site itself was nice and roomy.  There were some lovely trees for us to set up our Eno hammock.  The site is right next to the entrance so there was heavy traffic and noise traveling in and out of the campground. This is obviously not highly desirable as it always seems to be available during high demand weekends.   We are going back this summer after selecting another site.

One of the most spectacular things about this campsite is the accessibility to hiking trails including the fairly easy trail to McKemy Lake and Benton Falls.  McKemy Lake has a nice sandy beach and allows non-motorized boats.  We thoroughly enjoyed our time at Benton Falls. Though it was fairly busy, people were respectful and mindful of space.

Really looking forward to go back to this treasure!

Beautiful spot

While this campground is beautiful, the gate is still closed for the season. Website says it will open mid-April, so should be available soon!

Well laid out

We stayed at site #1 at foster falls campground. It is on of the biggest spots with ample room for tents and parking. The sites are gravel but easy to stake down in. Sites aren’t very private but also not right on top of each other. Bathhouse is a short walk from all the sites. Rangers there were helpful. Leaves are everywhere and we did see a few snakes but nothing we don’t expect from the great outdoors. Foster falls was absolutely breathtaking. We will definitely go back to this campground in the future. I do wish the site Markers were bigger and easier to read as it was hard to navigate in the dark when we got there. There is a rooster somewhere close by that will wake you up at 5am.

Must do!

This is a huge state park!  It seems overwhelming and crowded at first.  The campgrounds are massive, but the campsites are spread out just enough to make you feel like you are in a small campground.  Do some hiking!!!!  After a short hike away from the roads and you feel like you are in the middle of nowhere.  The views are spectacular!  We were there in April where the weather was perfect!

A+

An all around great campground!!!!!

This is a terrific campground in the Cherokee Natl Forest.   Sites have electricity.   Water is accessible to fill tank before you park a camper.  The trails were wide and clean.

This made me sad.

I live not far from here and we camped at site #3 we picked up so much trash in and around our site that it was sad.

Lots of hiking

Spent a long weekend  . The sites were nice but not kept up very well. The park itself is awesome with all the trails but the campground itself needs some maintenance.