Camping in Hopewell Mill

567 Reviews of 80 Hopewell Mill, Tennessee Campgrounds

Mindy W.
Reviewed Jun. 24, 2021

My First Love

I stumbled upon Elkmont about 15 years ago and I completely fell in love. I’ve spent many nights under the Elkmont stars and imaging what it must’ve been like living in that small, mountain railroad town. All the history there and seeing what once were peoples homes has a strange yet intriguing…

SiteNot sure.
Month of VisitOctober
Cindy B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 23, 2021

Lots of Amenities and Close to the Smoky Mountains National Park

We loved this campground! Very nice and spacious sites. The campground was developed along the Little River and is absolutely gorgeous! The bathhouses are the nicest I have ever seen. The sites were level and had full hook-ups. They are renovating the pool and it looks like it will be amazing. It…

• Spruce Flat Falls
  • Camp Site
  • Little River - taken at the campground
JThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 22, 2021

One of the best campground in Pigeon Forge

The staffs works around the clocks even after hours keeping the campground clean. They constant clean bathrooms and showers and stopping by to make sure all is good and a friendly chat. The staffs are knowledgeable of the area and provided great tips and hidden gems to check out.

• talk of the campground
  • Simplify
MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2021

Great place right on the river but no Verizon coverage

Great place. Beautiful views on the river. Very clean. Large sites with really nice patios. Only problem is no and I mean zero Verizon cell coverage. Internet it’s OK to stream movies but I had to go to their coffee house for reliable WiFi when I was working.

• great location!!
SiteB28
SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2021

Amazing location in the Smokies

We stayed for a week on an RV back in site. The sites can be soemwhat close together, but with this mostly just being home base, we didn’t find it to be a problem. Our oldest rented a bell tent, and when I say they are the cutest camping spot, I am not exaggerating. The bell tents sit on the river…

• black bear siting on a hike to laurel creek falls
  • laurel creek falls
KThe Dyrt PRO User

Rivers Edge Murphy,NC

Very nice campground. Large sites and very well kept grounds

Sitesite 26
L

Great location for stargazing

Nice, simple, quiet place. Many things to do from there- Nemo tunnel, Catoosa WMA, several hikes.

This is a dark sky park, a neat thing to experience.

L
Reviewed Jun. 20, 2021

Quiet and out of the way

Small, off the beaten path campground. Nice creek on one side, seems lightly used.

Month of VisitMarch
Linda G.The Dyrt PRO User

Lots for kids to do

Our back in site was very difficult to get into. We also noticed another campers were parking, they also had issues getting into their back in sites.
There are many things for children to do at this campground. Trolley also pick up right at the main entrance of the campground.

KThe Dyrt PRO User

Crowded but Beautiful

While our site was not private, we felt like there was plenty of space. We were close to the creek and restrooms. We really enjoyed driving Cades Cove Loop, but plan on several hours to complete it. The hikes in the area are beautiful.

SiteB75
Dan D.

Great state park

Quiet campground, clean sites, and beautiful lake views. Well worth the drive up into the plateau! Would stay here again.

Sitearea 1 site 1
Eva S.
Reviewed Jun. 18, 2021

I loved staying here all the time but the ground man has gotten to be pretty rude. His wife is great but her husband is not nice. Looking for other places to stay for that reason

Month of VisitOctober
Joe F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 16, 2021

Very friendly and helpful staff

We stayed here may 9- 12, having to reserve in January I figured it would’ve been warmer, but we still had a great time - just didn’t get to enjoy the swimming hole. The grounds are well kept and staff professional. We stayed on site 9 right on creek , very scenic and sound of water was…

• looking out at road from camp store and office
Tiffany C.
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2021

Very sketchy

Very sketchy park. Vagrants mostly. You wouldn’t be able to leave your site unattended if you want to keep your stuff. Go across to Rhea springs. Nice,safe, free and beautiful.

Sitenot marked
CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 14, 2021

Gorgeous!

Close to attractions, great hiking and OMG the view!

Siteback in