Covington , TENNESSEE

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Covington Camping Reviews
On the Mississipi

Nice size spaces with square table and benches, concrete pad, grass area view of the River (#91), across from bathhouse and laundry on the end of the row. Very accommodating manager made this stop a breeze! Would stay here again. Fun watching the traffic on the river.

Lovely River Park

Beautiful park right by the river. Friendly, helpful staff, free laundry, and even some small walking trails! The only downside was the second week of stay there was some sort of alarm that we kept hearing from somewhere down the river.

Forest Campground 20mins from Downtown Memphis

You really can't go wrong with Meeman-Shelby. It is so damn close to Memphis that while you won't feel like you are near an urban center, you benefit from its proximity. I very much appreciated being able to site see and camp during our brief overnight here.

The campground itself is tucked away deep into the Meeman Shelby State Forest and offers a pleasant amount solitude even though the sites are fairly close together. We watched an super long RV struggle to back into their site, so I wouldn't recommend this campground to RVs that require pull through sites.

Not all sites are suitable for tent campers. I would call ahead to ask what sites to consider if booking online, or just show up. There are a lot of sites here and you'll find something.

The campground is not terrible even, so be prepared for that.

Can not beat the location

This campsite is in West Memphis, Arkansas right across the river from Memphis Tennessee. The sites are right on the river bank, beautiful. Sunrise over the river was perfect. Watching the tug boats moving up and down the river all day and night was relaxing. Nice little bath house and laundry in each section. Not many trees in the section I stayed, but still wonderful. The other two sections have many more trees if the is what you are looking for. No pool but there is plenty of fishing and tree houses for the kids. A little gem on the river.

Great RV park

Loved waking up every morning to the sunrise over the Mississippi River (2 young kids means we get up early 😁), watching the barges and running around in the big grassy areas! Park is easy to get to and sites are very level and good sized. Staff was friendly as were the other RVers plus laundry was free! Quick and easy drive back over the Mississippi to get into Memphis. Local grocery store is very close though the area is a bit run down. We've already stayed twice and enjoyed both our stays!

Best group camp

We stayed in the group site that will hold up to 200 people for Halloween and it was perfect. The group site is away from all the other sites so you have plenty of room for children of all ages to run around and play without disturbing other campers. It’s very roomy and beautiful. You do have to watch for the falling acorns in the fall as they drop like bombs and don’t feel so nice. Ranger Tyson was awesome and came to check on us and fix any issue we had. I would recommend them putting in some electrical outlets under the pavilion but other than that I have no complaints. One of the hiking trails passes through the camp but we went on a slow weekend and saw nobody walk through. The lady that was in the museum when we went through was super awesome with a great personality and was very helpful! We will definitely be back to the site!

Good spot for a stop over on a road trip

We were passing through Memphis and stayed overnight at Fort Pillow. The staff in the office were not super friendly or helpful. I had to ask for everything, like a campsite map to my site, a trail map, and buying firewood. Nothing was offered, so definitely ask. The layout is also backwards. You have to drive all the way to the back of the park to get to the museum visitors center. I am sure there is a practical reason for this, but it wasn’t fully transparent. I always check in to campsite to introduce myself and get a lay of campsite from the people who work there. They just were not very social or helpful.

We stayed in campsite 4 which is more or less a walk-in type site. You park and then have to haul your gear about 15 yards to your site. The privacy and cliff side campsite is worth it, but there again was no one warning. We were only staying one night and the site was a little impractical for our needs. If you are staying 2-3 nights then grab campsite 4, in the winter months after the leaves have fallen this site would be stunning. It is basically a private overlook to the Mississippi. Only thing that would’ve made this campsite perfect would be running water. Instead you have to walk to the bath house to snag water.

Amenities:

There was electrical hookup at site but no water. (Was not able to locate communal water) Bath house cleaned daily and was a private set room style. Tent pad and campsite is pebbles to allow for moisture/bring long stakes or expect to not to be able to stake in your tent.

Great one-nighter.

This was just a stop over fire us on our way back to Texas. Nice concrete pads. The sights are pretty cozy, but I have seen worse. When we arrived it was during the day and the office was open, yet all the registrations had been put out in the late check-in box for us to grab and go on our way. I realize the current time we are in but I found this to be very cold and not a very friendly welcome. There is a laundry here but I don’t really see any other amenities. Perfect for our one night stop.

Easy Access to Graceland

Nice park. It’s not fancy and not run down. I was a little hesitant to come here (during Covid-19) based on the reviews. The more I looked into the reviews, I realized most of the bad reviews are for a different RV Park.

Most people who stay here are coming for Elvis Presley’s Graceland tour. The RV Park is great if you are doing the same. If you’re not, there’s not much to do here and the spots are close together.

You can walk right from the RV park to the museum. There’s a private gate from the campground to leads to the museum so you don’t have to drive anywhere.

The camp ground is clean, they’ll come and pick up your trash and take it to the dumpster and the staff is very friendly and accommodating. We needed a packaged delivered for work and it arrived before we did and the office would be closed by the time we pulled in the gate. They left it outside of the office door for us per our request.

I felt completely safe at the camp ground. They a have a 24-hour security guard at the entrance and you must sign-in to enter the property. While my husband was at work in downtown Memphis (Main & 2nd) his truck window was broken out and the person went through the truck. It happened right next to the job site, caught on camera and no one saw it happening. It took 15 minutes total for the break-in to occur. The same thing happened to two other workers from the same crew the week before. The police don’t come out and investigate. Be careful and don’t leave anything valuable in your vehicle outside of the RV park. From what I’ve researched since our window was busted out, this happens all over Memphis and it doesn’t matter if you are in a good neighborhood or not.

Cute little spot to park

We had business in Memphis and Jackson, this was a good in-between park. Stayed a week and felt safe and secure. New electrical boxes, level gravel spots with shade. About 30 spaces with most being rented to construction workers. Nice people. Overall Nice stay.