The best TENT SITES camping near
Atoka , TENNESSEE

Most Recent Atoka Camping Reviews
Great one-nighter.

This was just a stop over fire us on our way back to Texas. Nice concrete pads. The sights are pretty cozy, but I have seen worse. When we arrived it was during the day and the office was open, yet all the registrations had been put out in the late check-in box for us to grab and go on our way. I realize the current time we are in but I found this to be very cold and not a very friendly welcome. There is a laundry here but I don’t really see any other amenities. Perfect for our one night stop.

Easy Access to Graceland

Nice park. It’s not fancy and not run down. I was a little hesitant to come here (during Covid-19) based on the reviews. The more I looked into the reviews, I realized most of the bad reviews are for a different RV Park.

Most people who stay here are coming for Elvis Presley’s Graceland tour. The RV Park is great if you are doing the same. If you’re not, there’s not much to do here and the spots are close together.

You can walk right from the RV park to the museum. There’s a private gate from the campground to leads to the museum so you don’t have to drive anywhere.

The camp ground is clean, they’ll come and pick up your trash and take it to the dumpster and the staff is very friendly and accommodating. We needed a packaged delivered for work and it arrived before we did and the office would be closed by the time we pulled in the gate. They left it outside of the office door for us per our request.

I felt completely safe at the camp ground. They a have a 24-hour security guard at the entrance and you must sign-in to enter the property. While my husband was at work in downtown Memphis (Main & 2nd) his truck window was broken out and the person went through the truck. It happened right next to the job site, caught on camera and no one saw it happening. It took 15 minutes total for the break-in to occur. The same thing happened to two other workers from the same crew the week before. The police don’t come out and investigate. Be careful and don’t leave anything valuable in your vehicle outside of the RV park. From what I’ve researched since our window was busted out, this happens all over Memphis and it doesn’t matter if you are in a good neighborhood or not.

Cute little spot to park

We had business in Memphis and Jackson, this was a good in-between park. Stayed a week and felt safe and secure. New electrical boxes, level gravel spots with shade. About 30 spaces with most being rented to construction workers. Nice people. Overall Nice stay.

Ez-ish anyway

The park is nice and clean. Really quiet the night we stayed. But don’t expect much Info or help if checking in after hours.

We got in late with no reservation. Box on door had about 7 registration slips so we guessed there were probably that many spots available (as there is no map or legend showing what spots were available for the night anywhere).

We were wrong. Wanted a pull thru and found only one. But it was reserved. Drove whole park and found 1 back in. Called the after hours numbers to confirm we didn’t miss something but both went straight to voicemail. Oh well…we backed in and got a night of rest, so mission complete.

Clean, friendly, quiet, and convenient

Wonderful stay.  Appreciated the laundry facilities.  Bathrooms very clean

Plenty to see and do

This is my neighborhood campground, so i might be a little biased. A great spot to spend the weekend with lots of good trails, a big lake for paddling and fishing, and quaint camp sites. The bathrooms are clean but have strong serial killer vibes. There used to be a pool here. I’d love to see that open again!

Quieter place to camp

Quiet place in the middle of the hustle and bustle of Memphis. Odorous, there is a water treatment plant close by. We parked the mobile apartment, grabbed an Uber, and went to Graceland.

PS. Uber’s will take you to the Casino at Southland, but they will not pick you up. You have to use a taxi service, which is auto $35.00 to take you across the bridge, back into Tennessee.

Nice little place for a single night

Located at the Agricenter. Squeeze in! Drive Thru sites. There is a Farmers Market on site. Picked up some fruits and plants before heading out.

Really Nice, but mostly long term

This is a really nice campground just outside of Memphis, TN. They have a swimming pool, playground, covered party pavilion, laundry and lots of kids activities. They also have cabins for rent. This appears to be more of a long term rental campground, but it is a great place to stay if you are traveling there for the weekend for local events, baseball tournaments at Snowden Grove or a Memphis vacation. The campsites are very close together and most are in the sun with no shade.

Dub Patgton Recreation Area COE

October 16-17, 2019. Site 14 had electric and water. Campground had dump station, showers and flush toilets. Rate was $10 with Sr Lifetime Pass. Verizon 1 bar, boosted got 2 bars. See RV Camping Journal for details.