The best YURTS camping near

151 Reviews

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Athens Camping Reviews
Beautiful camp

Conasauga Lake campground is heaven on earth for this country boy. On top of Grassy mountain in North Georgia it is a great small camper / tent camp. Lots of large hemlocks and rotadendren on the trail aroundthe lake. The gravel road up the mountain is not for the faint of heart but worth the effort.

Great TN State Park

Really nice sites and facilities and super helpful staff. Great hiking trails and the falls are beautiful. A great park for a relaxing get away.

Clean Family Friendly Campground

We had a great time at Fall Creek Falls when we visited in October 2020. The park is very well maintained and the campsites are nicely spaced. We were supposed to stay in campsite A26, but had a really hard time locating it when we arrived after dark. We ended up staying in A25, which was a little difficult to get our 30' travel trailer into due to trees surrounding the site and the access road. We ultimately learned from a park ranger that A26 had its own service road, which we would never have found without the direction from the ranger. The time of year was beautiful to visit and the hike down to the base of the falls was short enough to do prior to our check-out time and long enough to help get our kids' energy out before the next leg of our trip. It was a truly beautiful waterfall. We would definitely go back.

Clean, Fun and Beautiful!

This was my second trip to the Cumberland Mountain State Park Campground. This campground has everything you need and nothing you don't. The prices are reasonable and the hiking trails within the park start right next to the campsites. The campground has clean water, plenty of hookups and is so incredibly quiet.  This is one of my favorite campgrounds.

Nice little hideaway

You could pretty much drive by this place without giving it a second thought. I am glad I didn't. We got there late after 1pm. I was afraid that we were out of luck. But we found a nice spot right on the water. It was raining and the temps were threatening to drop but we wanted one last camping trip before winter. I am glad we chose this spot. A little rocky for the tents but we made it work. I did notice some much better spots for tents. Some sites were big, one of them maybe even big enough for a small gathering, but some were really small. It would absolutely NOT ba a good location for a class A motorhome but maybe some of the smaller class C's could get settled in there I saw a small camper trailer sitting comfortable. I would not like to try to get a larger camper or 5th wheel in there, way too tight to turn around. All of the sites had solid packed ground so it would not be hard to level whatever rig you use. Drive right up to the camp site better yet use a truck bed camper or tent. We brought a porta-potty and tent for it and were glad we did. Bathrooms are on the property but are just glorified outhouses the smell was not the most pleasant part of the trip by far. To sum it up we WILL be back but I will be getting there earlier in the day.

Absolutely amazing views

We stayed here for 3 nights in section C, was a great experience. Only complaint but not really a complaint, would be the shower/bathroom. Little out dated but works just fine! Hot water worked perfectly. Sites were a little close to eachother but that didn’t bother us any. The hiking was absolutely breathtaking. Tons to do. Gift shop and welcome center was very nice. I would most definitely come to this park again, going to start planning for next year!

Beautiful location

This campsite is large with multiple sites for tents, campers and RVs. Nice bath house and playground area. The hikes and waterfalls are gorgeous. Well maintained.

Great Campground

Amazing campground, with one of the best hikes around.

Good stay

Overall good place to visit. Some sites are squeezed too close together but there are great sites scattered all throughout the park. It’s a large park with 4 camp loops, hiking is good with the main waterfall worth the walk into the canyon. The park seems well maintained and clean, bath houses were clean and had spacious showers. Only reason I didn’t give a 5 star review is with luck of the draw your site may be a little crowded.

Was a good place to stay. Convinient to some really Preatty watter falls

I moved to Falls Creek Falls to get away from Rain and storms to the Southeast.  I have a small Motorcycle camper and had a friend along with his.  the electric sites were a bit expensive for not needing hook ups.  30 Bucks a night but we put both campers on one site.  There are lots of facilities and the bathhouses are very clean and maintained.  There are stores onsite for knickknacks and soft supplies.  A restaurant/grill that has some pretty good food.  Firewood is available for 10 bucks a bundle.  It was Poplar wood and very green but you just have to know a bit about firewood and dig through the pile to find dry.    All the roads are paved and the sites are somewhat level.  The falls are worth seeing.  Even though I like more primitive surroundings, I will probably stay there again.