Athens , TENNESSEE

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Athens Camping Reviews
Awesome view

Site 69 , love the view love the place very quiet and very clean showers are clean site it self it’s clean friendly host and the security guy very friendly as well , my wife approves it lol and we are definitely coming back

No space even in November.

Full of permanent residents.

Great TN State Park

Really nice sites and facilities and super helpful staff. Great hiking trails and the falls are beautiful. A great park for a relaxing get away.

Heart of the Smoky’s

Pros:

• beautiful and scenic
  • Near great trails
  • lots of wildlife - saw a bear!
  • clean and quiet campground
  • camp store nearby
  • easy enough to get to with an RV
  • reserved same day

Cons:

• campsites are kind of close to each other
  • no dogs allowed on trails (I know that’s pretty common for national parks, but it’s still something we look for)
BUSY!

Harrison Bay SP near Harrison, Tn is obviously a popular park. I arrived on Sunday and the crowds were leaving. And yet the park was still crowded. Nice lake , good fishing. There are several sites on the water and plenty up in the woods too. These are nice sites. Paved and for the most part level. Depending on where your site is there is a lot of room to set up. Well maintained park. A lot of activities to keep you occupied.

Clean Family Friendly Campground

We had a great time at Fall Creek Falls when we visited in October 2020. The park is very well maintained and the campsites are nicely spaced. We were supposed to stay in campsite A26, but had a really hard time locating it when we arrived after dark. We ended up staying in A25, which was a little difficult to get our 30' travel trailer into due to trees surrounding the site and the access road. We ultimately learned from a park ranger that A26 had its own service road, which we would never have found without the direction from the ranger. The time of year was beautiful to visit and the hike down to the base of the falls was short enough to do prior to our check-out time and long enough to help get our kids' energy out before the next leg of our trip. It was a truly beautiful waterfall. We would definitely go back.

Overall quiet and fairly priced but some long termers bring down the qualit

So this campground is in a decent location not far from town (Knoxville) and right off lake inlet and A26 is right off lake. Only regarding my location its been quiet and people keep to themselves other than being neighborly. May get a bit more noisy on weekend as people roll in with kids and pets. Laundry is adequate and fairly priced and bonus takes credit cards for payment (no looking for change). Its a bit run down but for 38/night for full hookup and weekly rate knocks off a night its not bad. There are some long termers here that bring the aesthetic down with very old campers and trash and older equipment and cars around but around my area its clean, so I only see it on my way out the loop. The advertised wifi doesn't reach the campsites though so don't depend on it and when I connected at laundry to test it was like a 1/1Mbps speed. Cell Data signal isn't great here either. I have a dual LTE router that I was only getting ATT 3G signal with normal antennas but once I connected the exterior antenna I had been waiting to install I got 4 bars ATT LTE (105 dbM) so I can pull a ratty 30Mbps down and 15Mbps up. I also have a Visible sim but its kinda limits at 5Mbps on good signal but it has 5 bars Version LTE, so actual verizion customers may get better signal.

Clean, Fun and Beautiful!

This was my second trip to the Cumberland Mountain State Park Campground. This campground has everything you need and nothing you don't. The prices are reasonable and the hiking trails within the park start right next to the campsites. The campground has clean water, plenty of hookups and is so incredibly quiet.  This is one of my favorite campgrounds.

Beautiful spot, great view

Absolutely loved staying here! We took out boat out on the lake and enjoyed the view of the mountains, especially through the morning fog. We also had a great time window shopping the nice homes in the area!

LOVE THIS PLACE

This campground is a first come first serve basis. The hosts are amazing!!! They brought my firewood everyday and even took all the kids for rides on the golf cart around the campground. We had 8 kids with is so that took a few trips. The campground is beautiful and most of the people camping there set up for the season and everyone watches out for each other. I highly recommend a stay at Riley Creek you will not be disappointed.