The best YURTS camping near
Altamont , TENNESSEE

Most Recent Altamont Camping Reviews
Cloudland Canyon Camping Solo with 4 kids!

I’m a mom and aunt to 4 kiddos and decided to go camping with them but they are 10, 8, 6 and 3 so I knew I would struggle to get the tent up for all of us, and it was a bit chilly for the littles. So, I opted for the yurt option at Cloudland Canyon! It was a beautiful spot! Had everything we needed within the state park. Snacks/drinks at check in. Felt secluded but had other yurts nearby and a very clean bathroom and shower area! I’ve tent camped a lot and this was a very memorable experience for all the kids! We made breakfast on the campfire, watched Hocus Pocus late inside the yurt (using my computer and Hot spot from my phone) and hiked during the day! The views were spectacular (but whoa if you are afraid of heights) 😬 I will go back!

Absolutely amazing views

We stayed here for 3 nights in section C, was a great experience. Only complaint but not really a complaint, would be the shower/bathroom. Little out dated but works just fine! Hot water worked perfectly. Sites were a little close to eachother but that didn’t bother us any. The hiking was absolutely breathtaking. Tons to do. Gift shop and welcome center was very nice. I would most definitely come to this park again, going to start planning for next year!

Worth it.

Great park. Nicely maintained, friendly staff, spacious and spread out sites. We stayed in walk-in 19. It's a half mile from parking and the comfort building, and the trail is covered in tree routes, so wheeled items (coolers, wagons) may not do very well. But what a great place to get outside! No bugs in October. Did see some armadillos!

Once settled, go hike! The West Rim trail is manageable. Be careful with dogs, as parts of the trail have grated stairs, and dog feet don't do well on the grates.

But the view are spectacular.

With more time, we would have done the waterfalls trails as well.

In all, excellent place. Will certainly go back.

Love this place

Bathrooms have hot showers and flushing toilets the trails and waterfalls are beautiful the sites are nice and private would definitely come here again absolutely wonderful place

Beautiful location

This campsite is large with multiple sites for tents, campers and RVs. Nice bath house and playground area. The hikes and waterfalls are gorgeous. Well maintained.

Great Campground

Amazing campground, with one of the best hikes around.

Good stay

Overall good place to visit. Some sites are squeezed too close together but there are great sites scattered all throughout the park. It’s a large park with 4 camp loops, hiking is good with the main waterfall worth the walk into the canyon. The park seems well maintained and clean, bath houses were clean and had spacious showers. Only reason I didn’t give a 5 star review is with luck of the draw your site may be a little crowded.

Beautiful Park. Great for remote tent camping

We stayed for 4 nights in walk in site 21.  It was bit interesting to get all our stuff to the site, and thank goodness we had 2 wagons and teens to help carry.  It was a great private site, allowing for a good size tent and 3 hammocks.  Easy access to the West Rim trail which was a terrific hike.  Waterfalls were dry, which was disappointing but the hike to them from the West Rim Trail was quite pretty.

Note that the Visitor Center had no wood left, having arrived on a Sunday.  We saw a sign for wood delivery and called Mac.  He was very accommodating, delivered wood within a couple of hours to us in the parking lot.  A great price!  Call Mac at 423-596-4805.

All in all we had a great experience.

Was a good place to stay. Convinient to some really Preatty watter falls

I moved to Falls Creek Falls to get away from Rain and storms to the Southeast.  I have a small Motorcycle camper and had a friend along with his.  the electric sites were a bit expensive for not needing hook ups.  30 Bucks a night but we put both campers on one site.  There are lots of facilities and the bathhouses are very clean and maintained.  There are stores onsite for knickknacks and soft supplies.  A restaurant/grill that has some pretty good food.  Firewood is available for 10 bucks a bundle.  It was Poplar wood and very green but you just have to know a bit about firewood and dig through the pile to find dry.    All the roads are paved and the sites are somewhat level.  The falls are worth seeing.  Even though I like more primitive surroundings, I will probably stay there again.

Excellent park

Great park. There are so many great trails and waterfalls here. There are two main waterfalls but if you continue the trails there are many more. We stayed in west camp site #9. We loved our site. It backed to wooded area and was spacious but there is no buffer between sites. Water and electric and site was gravel and there are gray water dumps throughout camp. We could get to trails from the back of our campsite which was awesome. There is an east camp which is closer to the canyon rim but sites are closer together and not much shade. The 2 main waterfalls are a short hike once you go down 300 stairs. But therefore you must go up 300 stairs. There are plenty of platforms to rest. There are also yurts to rent. There is a small town with grocery and fast food about 30 minutes away. Chattanooga is not far from this park. We stayed 5 days and it was not enough time to hike and relax. We absolutely loved this park. Beware waterfalls are dependent upon rainfall. We camped here in April. Water flow was great. Temps were great 70s in day and got down to 40s at night. Perfect camping weather.